Offshore today

finin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow crazy! I went out yesterday. trolled from browns to heatons and back to southern canyons.

was pretty quiet yesterday. only thing I hooked up was a 90cm dollie.

any idea where they hooked up ?

Thats a big day of trolling!

Thats a big day of trolling!

yeh I slept in for work this morning. came in 2 hours late .. haha

really disappointed as I've been chasing tuna for 3 years now and still have nothing to show for

we burnt through 110L of fuel yesterday on a haines 530. conditions were very smooth all the way out.

I've got a few tuna theories which were partially confirmed by Chris from Ripcharts.

I look more at the altimetry than the temp breaks. I believe they are more often found on that 0 line than at temp breaks.

I've got a mate that went out last Sunday, picked a day that the charts looked friendly and headed out. Came home with 2 50 keggers!

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently it was rat city out there over the weekend little fish 5-10kg and herd a boat kept a 30kega. Same boat caught 30 odd fish released also heard of one boat playing them on bream gear water looked great and would of been fun on light gear.

400f ouside browns.

Apparently it was rat city out there over the weekend little fish 5-10kg and herd a boat kept a 30kega. Same boat caught 30 odd fish released also heard of one boat playing them on bream gear water looked great and would of been fun on light gear.

400f ouside browns.

Yeah, hope the break holds till next week, let's see if the bigger barrels come in.

• 3 weeks later...

Gday all, well all i can say is its disgraceful out there at the moment, disgraceful wind, disgraceful current around 4.5 kn downhill and standing up along current line with up to a 3° drop on cooler side, 23° water. Not terribly blue either.