Not my vision

cyclonemalone

After a few weeks of recent glass off afternoons I finally locked in a fishing session. It was planned for friday arvo but with the southerly predicted and the forecast looking better for Saturday we pushed it back a day.

All was going good with packing up work and getting the boat on the road as per schedule.

We hit the ramp at 3 pm and bumped into a friend who had been out all day and managed a nice haul of snapper which got the excitement levels even higher.

As we drove up pittwater the wind had dropped and the sun poked its head out. The beer was cold and the snapper were biting. All was perfect until we reached barrenjoey and rounded the headland to find the sea was still very ugly (we had our suspicions) but the lure of sunset snapper was still there.

We didnt venture too far outside and fished in 30m of water and within 10 mins my mate was onto a 34cm pinky. Nice starter but that was it for the target species, we landed 2 port Jackson sharks a sergent baker and a couple of yakkas in a slow 3hrs till dark.

Unfortunately not much fish for my first report but driving up the bay on a calm night is reward enough for the effort. Hopefully next time it will be a little calmer outside and I'll come back with a few more in the esky.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk