"Deep inchiku" and slow jigging at browns mountain

Chaohuang

G'day fellow fishos, this is my first post so go easy on me...

Went out to browns to jig on a beautiful day and persistence payed off with one gemfish and one mirror dory. Both were hooked near the bottom at almost 500 meters with my 800g deep inchiku jig. After that, we went out further in hopes of getting connected with tuna. I managed to hook a nice albacore with my 300g slow jig on the drop. When the fish took the jig, it had already dropped around 300 meters. All in all, though nothing spectacular turned up, it was a fulfilling and very tiring trip!

post-38423-0-84920500-1470959536_thumb.jpgpost-38423-0-23727700-1470959558_thumb.jpgpost-38423-0-15567900-1470959683_thumb.jpg

For more information about this type of fishing, check out my videos on youtube:

Tight lines,

Chao Huang

Edited by mshuangchao

Wow very nice mate

what did you do with the fish?

you would expect that he would eat it , or that would be a waste of effort to fish that deep , he certainly couldnt release it , nor should he!! why do you ask ????

they are good fish.

Great first post

Welcome by the way

Thank you!

My respect to you for winding 600 metres and to even think about Jigging - great effort.

Thanks! It is actually not as tiring as it looks, you could try it yourself someday XD

Wow very nice mate

what did you do with the fish?

I got one gemfish and one dory while the electric reel got eight gemmies, we were near our limit so left for tuna further out. At the end of the day, we took the fish home for a feed. I made some albacore sashimi :icon_razz:

you would expect that he would eat it , or that would be a waste of effort to fish that deep , he certainly couldnt release it , nor should he!! why do you ask ????

It's true, the dramatic pressure change makes them unfit for release. So once we bag enough, we move on...

Edited by mshuangchao

Nice effort there! Although with the albacore tuna I would change my gaff man! Lol :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks! Haha, well at least he got the job done, I'm happy.

Looks like a lot of fun. Well done.

Cheers

Yes it was actually lots of fun, particularly when you are fishing deep, you never know what is going to hit the hook!

Dude jigging at 500-600m lol that's nuts! You must be very fit to do that, or very crazy haha

Well done mate!

I think I am more of the latter :banana:

Waiting for your fishing report on wechat group mshuangchao!

Master K!

Wechat group!? What's the id!? Better report it here! That charter must have costed$350+!??

I don't think Wechat groups have ids... haha. You should join my facebook group "Sydney lure fishing"

Edited by mshuangchao

You've got me inspired to try this manual deep stuff again, we've been picking up those silver dory down here in 50 m while chassing snapper.

My 15 year old daughter recently pulled a big blue eye from 660 m, it almost killed me just pulling a 400 g jig from 350m.

Jon

You've got me inspired to try this manual deep stuff again, we've been picking up those silver dory down here in 50 m while chassing snapper.

My 15 year old daughter recently pulled a big blue eye from 660 m, it almost killed me just pulling a 400 g jig from 350m.

Jon

Hi Jon,

It's great to know you show interest. It is much easier to jig deep if you use passive, energy conserving methods, such as slow jigging or deep inchiku. I would not recommend speed jigging at those depths, as most people will be wasted after the first few drops. Last time I went to browns, I jigged for the entire day and got five fish while my arms didn't go sore at all. Sure it sounds scary, jigging at those depths, but with the right technique, it is actually quite feasible, even for a skinny Asian like me.