Brand new and shiny

Michael.P

Half past 3

Sorry mate couldn't resist that!

Not really a silly question... I would rate these as your best times in the harbour.

On the change of tide

At dawn and dusk

At change of tide on dawn or dusk.

Random times that no one can explain except for the kingfish!

If I am planning to go fishing and I see that its high tide a couple of hours after first light I am a happy man.

Cheers

Jim

Speaking of in close and estuary rather than offshore here.

Not August

Or June or July or September really, October and November probably aren't really great either. Sure some get caught but the question was when's the best time so. .

Half past 3

Sorry mate couldn't resist that!

Not really a silly question... I would rate these as your best times in the harbour.

On the change of tide

At dawn and dusk

At change of tide on dawn or dusk.

Random times that no one can explain except for the kingfish!

If I am planning to go fishing and I see that its high tide a couple of hours after first light I am a happy man.

Cheers

Jim

I've just locked in 3.30 lol. Thanks for the tips I appreciate it heaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of in close and estuary rather than offshore here.

Not August

Or June or July or September really, October and November probably aren't really great either. Sure some get caught but the question was when's the best time so. .

cool thanks mate. I'd be sticking in close mainly middle harbor until I build up my confidence on my first boat.

Hey Michael,

And speaking of kingfish would I be wasting my time trolling for kings around inside the harbor for them or is that more an open water thing?

Absolutely not, there are plenty of kings willing to hit trolled baits or lures, especially if you troll live yakkas or squid. I caught my first king this summer trolling small lures through bust up in the harbour. Also, you will probably hear this a lot, but regardless of best times, if you just put in the hours and get out there a lot you will be on to fish in no time.

All the best,

Tag

Edited by Tag117

March April May are my favorite months to target them, OR used to be. You will see more reports of them being caught in the warmer months but that's simply because there are more people out there fishing during the warmer months.

Frank

March April May are my favorite months to target them, OR used to be. You will see more reports of them being caught in the warmer months but that's simply because there are more people out there fishing during the warmer months.

Frank

thanks frank. At least I have a few months to learn to catch squid lol.