Tips for fishing the Hawkesbury

bigfishjim9

Hi, my mate and I have been fishing the hawksbury mainly around Juno point and near the railway bridge and haven't had much luck. We are going out again soon and wanna get some live bait and try fishing in and around Jerusalem bay. Hoping to get some tips and advice so we can get a good haul this time instead of a few good ones. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of live bait in Jerusalem Bay and its jewie time so get out there and get into em.

Local fresh prawns or fresh squid which can also be caught in the same location will work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry for the late reply. Yea we are going to try Jerusalem bay next trip out and try to catch live bait. Will be putting in the hours for sure. Any other tips for Jerusalem bay? Appreciate the advice

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juno Point is a run out tide spot. Best time to fish is dusk to around 11pm. My preferred bait ( I have caught some big jews over the years at Juno) is slabs of mullet with no weight.

Jerusalem Bay is as every one knows the hairtail spot in winter and some are also taken throughout the year. Summertime is not worth fishing( in my opinion) although the odd flathead etc are taken if your lucky.

Jeff