FINALLY, coming to the big smoke

big Neil

Well my last attempt to get to Sydney (for the S/P day) didn't happen because of unforeseen circumstances but I should finally make it on the 16th -18th September. I've put this post in the "desperate and boatless" forum because it's been more than 3 months since I last caught a fish and I'm desperate.

I'll be staying in Caringbah but will have my car, if anybody would be kind enough to take me out for a spot of fishing. Ideally a spot of estuary S/P fishing would be great...bream, flatties, Jewfish, whatever. Even night fishing could be an option??? Thank you (desperate Big Neil.)

I don't fish much in the estuary Neil but if weather permits maybe a trip offshore either tuna or Snapper. I've also been getting some big Blue spot flatties up to 65cm lately too when you can pick in between the spikeys. I'm a fair weather fisho these days.

Edited by boattart

I don't fish much in the estuary Neil but if weather permits maybe a trip offshore either tuna or Snapper. I've also been getting some big Blue spot flatties up to 65cm lately too when you can pick in between the spikeys. I'm a fair weather fisho these days.

I will have Sat and Sun free at this stage????subject to what my wife's aunt wants to do while I'm there. Will be in touch when I know a bit more from her and also see what weather is doing. Cheers and thankyou, Neil.

G'day Neil

I am still getting the following message:

The following errors were found The member Big Neil cannot receive any new messages This personal message has not been sent

It must be in relation to this site.

Regards

John

G'day Neil

I am still getting the following message:

The following errors were found The member Big Neil cannot receive any new messages This personal message has not been sent

It must be in relation to this site.

Regards

John

G'day John, I don't know what the problem is. I emptied a heap of stuff from my inbox, but probably have some more in there for another week. I have a heap of quotes which are to be paid in a weeks time. If you need to contact me my mobile is 0466853633. Cheers mate, Neil.

• 4 weeks later...

post-20708-0-63712400-1474579344_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-36065500-1474579380_thumb.jpgI'm posting this here because it's a continuation of the thread. So I FINALLY got to the big smoke and had a day out on the Georges River with Chris and Ralph in their pale blue boat. What they don't know about that waterway could be written in big letters on a postage stamp.. The water temp was still a little cool and a bit of discolouration was still obvious...quite a bit of stuff floating around on the surface too.

We only used soft plastics, vibes and lures and suffice to say that Ralph and I had a zero tally, whereas Chris caught 4 small fish, flatties and bream.

It was a fantastic day out and I want to say how much I enjoyed their company. Hope to catch up again some time down the track.

Had a very nice stay with my wife's aunt who was recently widowed. We caught up on a lot of things from yesteryear and had a few wines too. I managed a trip to Whitworths and got the gear I need to fit lights to my boat. Planning on doing some night fishing with surface lures this Summer...

Alas it's back to the MIA where the river is still in flood and unfishable, with more rain predicted. Hope the Murray Cod are managing to produce billions of little 'uns and that the river settles down again by Cod opening on Dec 1st. Thanks for reading. Happy days! Big Neil.

good luck with the river Neil

Thanks Tac. Looking forward to seeing what impact this extremely wet Winter has on the fishing this Summer. Might be surprised to find a big improvement. Mind you that won't be hard, last Summer was marginal, to say the least.

Fishing is often hit and miss isn’t it? It is always great to be on the water and having a crack. Always nice to meet new fishing mates, and to swop ideas and techniques, and to try new locations.

Dead right John. How's the fishing been up your way?

A bit quiet at present due in part with the amount of wind we have been experiencing. Last time out the only lizard of size was 45, but the remainder were in the high 20s low 30s. With the warmer weather they should be around in better numbers. Bring it on.

Fishing is often hit and miss isn’t it?

-------------------------------------------------------

Dead right John.

did a trip to the reef here today and for the 1st time this year came home empty handed

spent most of the time sounding for fish and they are just not there .

looks like i will have to try shallower water .