Hawkesbury Session.

p-ziller

Afternoon Raiders,

Had a spare few hour this arvo to chase some bass! After having a massively failed attempt last Thursday and a botched coast trip (due to the weather!!! :ranting2: ), I was keen to get into it!

I did some re con yesterday, and was set on getting some quality bass.

After a short drive, a brisk stroll and a quick game of hopscotch with some of the biggest cow turds I had ever seen, I reached my destination.

post-37344-0-07917300-1473246726_thumb.jpeg

I walked the river getting a few casts in between trees and small openings with a Hairy Spinnerbait for an hour or so to no avail.

Changing it up, I opted for the SP+Spinnerbait combo with a faster retrieval, it did the damage!

Caught 2 just under the 30cm mark, dropping an additional 2 at my feet.

Photos attached as always, apologies for the stank face!

post-37344-0-22395000-1473246767_thumb.jpeg

post-37344-0-83497600-1473246823_thumb.jpeg

post-37344-0-94895300-1473246842_thumb.jpeg

Cheers,

Paul.

Great stuff, seems like there's plenty about at the moment. Can't wait for it to heat up a bit more and get into some surface action!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Me too! Glad to see the systems are still healthy!

Well done.

Bring on the warmer weather.

Cheers

Tara

True that! hopefully we are all in for a good season!

I went to a section of the nepean river last year and learned to catch Bass there. I went back there the other day , and found that the river is up, & where I fished from is under water, and flowing quite quickly.? so I thought is now time to learn about trout

I've never tried targeting bass, but really want to give it a go soon

Well done

Hopefully the bigger ones are there for you next time

Yeah mate if you're around the Central Coast over summer you're welcome to tag along with me or I can give you a few spots to give it a shot yourself. I've been thinking it's about time I tried to get a few raiders together for a group kayaking, bass and carp day so keep an eye out for that if you're interested guys and gals.

I went to a section of the nepean river last year and learned to catch Bass there. I went back there the other day , and found that the river is up, & where I fished from is under water, and flowing quite quickly. so I thought is now time to learn about trout

If its the same spot I'm thinking of, i know what you mean. Went down there late August to see everything flooded!

A friend of mine had told me they were slowly releasing the dam with the rain expected in the coming months.

Bit of a crap situation, but he ended up getting on to some trout further in.

Think i will have a go there next time.

Cheers,

Paul.

Yeah mate if you're around the Central Coast over summer you're welcome to tag along with me or I can give you a few spots to give it a shot yourself. I've been thinking it's about time I tried to get a few raiders together for a group kayaking, bass and carp day so keep an eye out for that if you're interested guys and gals.

Send me a message when you have a few dates planned. Would love a day out with a few raiders!

Cheers,

Paul.