Newbie trying soft plastic :-/

matty2691

Hey guys,

New to the forum. Me and a mate have started to get real into fishing in the last month as we were going jetski fishing in the hawksbury and botany areas trying soft plastics for the first time. But havent had any luck so we have gone back to the shore to see if we can get any luck but still zip. Looking for some suggestions on what we could be doing wrong or where we could go.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hey guys,

New to the forum. Me and a mate have started to get real into fishing in the last month as we were going jetski fishing in the hawksbury and botany areas trying soft plastics for the first time. But havent had any luck so we have gone back to the shore to see if we can get any luck but still zip. Looking for some suggestions on what we could be doing wrong or where we could go.

Any help is much appreciated.

I think your best bet is focusing on trying to catch certain species by using a specific technique. Use the search option and have a look at the reports on flathead fishing with sp's.

Ads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Matty. Soft plastic fishing really works, but like any other form of fishing you need to be in the right place and giving it a fair go. It's a lot to do with patience and making sure that your s/p is in the zone. For flathead that means being in touch with the bottom. Don't be too hasty to retrieve either. Cover an area thoroughly before you move on. As Adsy said have a look at some of the posts, this site is full of great information. Be patient and I'm sure that you and your mate will catch fish. Good luck.

start in an area you have caught flathead before, then start with soft plastics in the 3-4 inch range (squidgies, gulps, zmans there all good), a 1/8oz jighead is generally a good stating size but you may need to go a little heavier, then hop the plastic accross the bottom, flathead are suckers for some aggressive movement most hits will come on the drop and then the main thing is to keep at it

good luck

Dave