What Type of Battery do you run with your Electric Motor

nwatson

Yep, here I go again. What type of battery are you guys running with your minn kota or motorguide? I'm having the thrust bracket installed as we speak and next on the to do list, is the battery. I need a 12 volt battery. AGM is what I've been told. Was going to go with 120 amp hrs. Bloody hell, $680 through to $325. Whose using what and had success with what? I understand I will need a charger too and I think I will go with the overwhelming majority, a C - tek. All advice would be greatly appreciated. I didn't fish last weekend, but I'm going to fish this weekend with my new motor and I don't care how much it rains over the next couple of days! :banana:

I purchased a 120amp battery from Battery World and was happy with the price. I was not up for paying huge money for a 10amp Ctek so purchased this. http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/SCA-Battery-Charger-7-Stage-12-Volt-10-Amp/343263Very happy with it. Been using it for about a year now and had no issues. I charge the battery the night before I go out. $159.00!! No complaints never had an issue. To get a 10amp Ctek is twice the price.

Best to get a 10amp charger for a 100amp battery.

100amp AGM Ultimate battery with a ctek 15 amp charger. Its 10 years old now and hasn't missed a beat on the kota. Can troll for 2.5 days before a charge.It wasn't cheap at the time but over the past ten years it now has worked out at being a great buy. One tip never let your deep cycle stay discharged for long periods, it kills them. I charge mine after each trip and again if camping via 180w solar panels ( 3 60watt folding ) it is brilliant, no more noisy generators for me. The battery weights 38kgs. Hope this helps

Guest Guest123456789

I run a century n70t deep cycle for a min kota 55lbs 12 volt. Cost about $250 and I can run it literally all day.

I charge it up with a ctek mxs 5.0 charger. It's a 7 stage charger that costs about $130.

Also, recommend you get demineralised water to top up the battery. Cost about $5 for 2 litres

You can buy the whole lot from battery world, the guy I went to at Erina was very helpful.

Guest Guest123456789

The 5 amp ctek charger takes me 12 hours to recharge after use. The user guide states it will take 24 hours to 80% recharge a flat 120 Ah battery.

Also you're probably across this already but a 50amp circuit breaker mounted to the battery box is a good idea. Here is mine.

post-36607-0-98380100-1473913130_thumb.jpeg