Soft plastics - tried and failed

anthman

Hi all - thank you for the advice and encouragement! Will definitely try out clontarf beach!

One of the fishraider regulars, DerekD, kindly offered a lesson for my mate and I on soft plastics. Had a very detailed lesson (as well as lots of reaffirming the good advice in this thread). I did manage to pick up a couple of flathead down south on the rock groynes around Dolls Point - a 38cm and one that got away (lesson:bring a net!).

For now I'll be targeting flathead with my mates - heavy-ish jigheads, 4" soft plastics and rough vigorous retrieves. What are people's thoughts on what would be the next fish to target in terms of difficulty? (e.g. bream requiring finesse)

Long weekend ahead - will post back with results!

Hi Anthman, get some serious practice in on the flatties and then target bream with very light tackle and different plastics. Remember to fish as light as possible to suit the conditions. Good luck pal. Big Neil

Can someone tell me why I keep getting notifications about this subject. I know longer what to receive them. I have UNFOLLOWED but I continue receive. Although a pertinent topic it's something that I don't want to receive anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk