Land based fishing sydney

signore

Hello,

Im new to fishing tried the warf near the ferry at wisemans ferry. Wasn't lucky enough to even get a nibble.

Any suggestions for locations to do some land based fishing?

I'm thinking of going for a drive to port hacking tomorrow to see if I can find a spot there to try.

Not after anything in particular just trying to have a bit of fun. A couple of take home fish would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2016-11-4 at 1:10 PM, Rosswab said:

I lived in sydney for 27 years and used to be a diehard rock and beach fisho there. 

Mate, just tell me what you want to catch and I can help you out no prob

IMG_0865.JPG

Hi Rosswab. Is this kingi caught in coalcliff? I live in sydney, but not aware of much rock fishing spots around me. Can you list rock fishing spots please. Reagrds

That looks like a nice spot and seems to be pretty good would it be a good spot for someone who is learning rock fishing. I am looking for spots to watch and learn with out being to dangerous. Any help would greatly be appreciated

cheers 

I started fishing last year and have learned the ins an outs of lure fishing at Rose Bay.

West of the wharf is a long promenade where you can cast in from high up and just walk along the wall end to end.  There's plenty of Flathead, whiting, little bream etc.  Fish a couple of hours either side of the low tide.  Use reasonably strong leader as more often than not you'll end up dead lifting a fish over wall.

East of the wharf is the beach, which can be fished pretty successfully on the falling tide.  You'll have to wade in.  On the low tide you can walk out almost 100m along the sand and cast into the dark water where all the boats are moored.  Fish get pushed off the sand flats at low tide and they take refuge in this deep hole.  Again - Flatties, bream, whiting on the sand flats.

People aren't kidding when they say be careful of stingrays around here.  Shuffle those feet as you walk through the sand and you'll be right.

Happy to go with you if you're after some company.  I'm no expert but I've put in a fair few hours since I started and learned a lot.

Niall

• 1 month later...