Filleting fish ON shore

Correct Neil

Prohibited

You are not permitted to:

• Fish in waters that are closed to fishing.
  • Use any methods/gear to take fish or invertebrates that are not specified in permitted methods.
  • Take or be in possession of fish or invertebrates in excess of the bag limit or of a size outside the legal size limits. All prohibited size fish must be released immediately. You must not hold prohibited size fish or fish in excess of the legal bag limit in a live well or use them for bait even if they are injured or dead on capture. If you have purchased fish or bait from a commercial vendor, retain the receipt to present to an I&I NSW Fisheries Officer.
  • Take, attempt to take, harm or be in possession of threatened or protected species.
  • Use a chemical or explosive device to take or assist to take fish.
  • Use a cast net in NSW waters.
    Sale-of-fish.jpg
  • Possess excess fishing gear in, on, or adjacent to waters.
  • Sell any recreational catch.
  • Interfere with commercial fishers or fishing gear.
  • Alter the length of a fish or invertebrate by filleting/ shucking and/ or removing the head/ shell until well away from the water. This rule does not apply at areas normally used for cleaning fish such as boat ramp cleaning tables, if the fish are for immediate consumption or immediate use as bait, or for fish that do not have a legal length. You may clean fish by gilling and gutting only.
  • Trans-ship fish from one boat to another (except specified bait species, squid and cuttlefish for use as bait only).

until well away from the water. This rule does not apply at areas normally used for cleaning fish such as boat ramp cleaning tables

Take special note of this.

A few years back I was cautioned by a fisheries officer for cleaning my fish at a boat ramp because there was no cleaning table provided.

Lucky for me he could see the fish I'd filleted were well over legal size and let me off with a warning.

Edited by Green Hornet