Very,very sad day

Fab1

It was the 12th Oct 1992 on a dark,rainy night that a young 18yr old couples life would never be the same.

The story starts like this.

This particular couple met and fell in love on the first day of high school,I guess it was love at first sight when this strapping young lad got up the courage to approach this beautiful young lass and engage her in conversation.

Josephine was her name and very quickly these two young people clicked and where glued at the hip.

As the years passed they shared their dreams and inspirations with each other and decided at the ripe old age of 18 that they would wed.

Fast fwd to the eve before that wedding day and this young lad had organised a great night out for his bride to be with a movie,dinner and dancing in that order before they made the 45min trip back home to rest up for the big day.

It was now around 11pm when they decided to head home Chatting to each other,smiling and laughing on their journey home.It was a miserable night,raining and the visibility was poor.

All was well during their journey for the first 20-30min when all of a sudden as this young couple drove through an intersection out of nowhere they were T-Boned by a motorist at a T intersection pushing them over the kerb and rolling down the embankment through some dense trees and shrubs when suddenly everything went black for the driver.

As the driver regained consciousness he knew he was in a car accident and was pinned upside down in a mangled mess with some severe injuries but his one and only Josephine was not beside him where she had been seconds before.

By this time the adrenaline was pumping and he knew he had to get out and fearing the worst he had to find Josephine.As he somehow managed to find the strength to push his way out of the wreckage he began looking around for her through the heavy rain, the dense scrub and the darkness calling out her name.

"Josephine" he called,no answer.

After calling out her name several times he finally got a faint reply back and made his way to her in the direction of her voice carrying his injuries.

When he got to his beloved Josephine it was immediately apparent that she was in a really bad way with cuts and bruising to her face.The real shock came when he saw her stomach had been sliced open and her intestines where exposed trying everything he could to keep them clean and inside her stomach while yelling at the top of his lungs for help.

No sooner did he get to Josephine that she started gasping for breath and bleeding from the mouth that he constantly assured her she'll be ok and that he loved her while sitting with her in his arms.A few moments later Josephine gasped Te amo and passed away in his arms.

He wept like a little kid the whole time holding Josephine in his arms which felt like an eternity when he suddenly awoke to the sound of animals and it was now day break and he knew he had to get back up to the road to flag down a passing motorist to get help.

He made it back up to the road flagged down a motorist and all the emergency services were called to recover the wreckage and Josephine's body.

After a full 12week recovery for his injuries the driver was back home and resting while he and Josephine's family where still coming to terms with what happened.

I can tell you that after 24 years this young lad that loved Josephine losing her in such a tragic way in his own way grieves for her and her family each and every single day.

As a matter of fact after all this time he still has her wedding ring.

How do I Know all this?

Because Josephine was going to be my wife and was taken from me and to this day no one knows by who.

It makes you think how a second in time can change everything doesn't it?

Thanks for reading on this very sad day for me.

By the way Te Amo means I love you in Spanish as I was teaching her Spanish at the time and those were her last words to me.

Fabian.

That sure is a tragic story Fab1 it would of been a very tough time for you and your respective families. I guess you can be thankful for the time you did share together.

Life can be so fragile and at we often don't fully appreciate what we have until it's gone. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to share your experiences with us.

Thanks for everyone's kind words. It sure goes to show that we should cherish the love and good times we all share with our loved ones,family and friends because they can all be taken from us in the blink of an eye and long after they're gone their memories stay with us forever.

That's an amazingly sad story Fabian. That you have battled on without the true love of your life is testimony to your strength and character. I hope you are happy now after 24 long, painful years. The Fishraider community is now the recipient of the benefits of your survival, as are your friends and family...and we are all the better for it. Thank you for sharing your story. Big Neil

Fabian this has brought tears to my eyes. As a registered nurse I have seen much sadness and loss of life.

I feel very honoured that you feel comfortable with sharing this with the fishraider community. As Neil says you are helping raiders with your great posts. You are a good bloke and I hope you always have a good life.

That is a very sad story Fabian.

I hope telling that us that story has helped is some way to continue to deal with the loss.

It's a shame that we have to suffer loss to appreciate what we have. I lost a younger brother and

I have always been left with a nagging feeling that I could have made a difference and protected him like I did when he was a kid and I was his big brother.

Its ironic but my family are probably the beneficiaries of that terrible loss - it certainly changed me.

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Thanks everyone for the support.I apologise for the sad story but I think it's times like these that make us take a step back and realise what is really important in our lives instead of focusing our attention on the silly things in life we all tend to worry about in the scheme of things.

To answer your question big Neil,I'm the happiest guy in the world as since this tragic time in my life I met my beautiful wife and step daughter 2 years later and have been together since ironically the 12th October 1994 excactly 2 years after Josephine's death.

Some weird unexplained things happen in this life and to this day I think meeting my Wife on this date was meant to happen.

I now have a Beutiful wife,son,step daughter and two gorgeous grand kids which I cherish each and every moment I have with them.

It was the 12th Oct 1992 on a dark,rainy night that a young 18yr old couples life would never be the same.

This particular couple met and fell in love on the first day of high school,I guess it was love at first sight when this strapping young lad got up the courage to approach this beautiful young lass and engage her in conversation.

Josephine was her name and very quickly these two young people clicked and where glued at the hip.

As the years passed they shared their dreams and inspirations with each other and decided at the ripe old age of 18 that they would wed.

Fast fwd to the eve before that wedding day and this young lad had organised a great night out for his bride to be with a movie,dinner and dancing in that order before they made the 45min trip back home to rest up for the big day.

It was now around 11pm when they decided to head home Chatting to each other,smiling and laughing on their journey home.It was a miserable night,raining and the visibility was poor.

All was well during their journey for the first 20-30min when all of a sudden as this young couple drove through an intersection out of nowhere they were T-Boned by a motorist at a T intersection pushing them over the kerb and rolling down the embankment through some dense trees and shrubs when suddenly everything went black for the driver.

As the driver regained consciousness he knew he was in a car accident and was pinned upside down in a mangled mess with some severe injuries but his one and only Josephine was not beside him where she had been seconds before.

By this time the adrenaline was pumping and he knew he had to get out and fearing the worst he had to find Josephine.As he somehow managed to find the strength to push his way out of the wreckage he began looking around for her through the heavy rain, the dense scrub and the darkness calling out her name.

After calling out her name several times he finally got a faint reply back and made his way to her in the direction of her voice carrying his injuries.

When he got to his beloved Josephine it was immediately apparent that she was in a really bad way with cuts and bruising to her face.The real shock came when he saw her stomach had been sliced open and her intestines where exposed trying everything he could to keep them clean and inside her stomach while yelling at the top of his lungs for help.

No sooner did he get to Josephine that she started gasping for breath and bleeding from the mouth that he constantly assured her she'll be ok and that he loved her while sitting with her in his arms.A few moments later Josephine gasped Te amo and passed away in his arms.

He wept like a little kid the whole time holding Josephine in his arms which felt like an eternity when he suddenly awoke to the sound of animals and it was now day break and he knew he had to get back up to the road to flag down a passing motorist to get help.

He made it back up to the road flagged down a motorist and all the emergency services were called to recover the wreckage and Josephine's body.

After a full 12week recovery for his injuries the driver was back home and resting while he and Josephine's family where still coming to terms with what happened.

I can tell you that after 24 years this young lad that loved Josephine losing her in such a tragic way in his own way grieves for her and her family each and every single day.

How do I Know all this?

Because Josephine was going to be my wife and was taken from me and to this day no one knows by who.

By the way Te Amo means I love you in Spanish as I was teaching her Spanish at the time and those were her last words to me.

Fabian.

How do I Know all this?

Fabian.

I am sorry to hear your story, tears is running down my checks,12-oct is my wife's birthday and she is going to hell at he moment due to my health, although i am still around but the tear I brought to her due to my sickness is unbearable for me too. I wish I could do more but unable to do anything, she is refusing to give up on me which. its shows that life is very fragile so enjoy time together with your family and do what ever you can while you can. It is a lot worst when you can see things will happen but cant do anything to change the event

Xsite

Xsite, I am touched by your story too mate. Your wife obviously loves you very much. You must both be having a very hard time at the moment. I wish you both some happiness as you face the difficult times ahead. Good luck mate. Big Neil.

Fab, it just goes to show the strength of character you have. Your loss is tragic but it has moulded you to who you are now! I'm sure this post has made quiet a few people sit back and reflect on the important things in life! So thank you for sharing!

Xsite, I feel for you tremendously of your situation. Nothing I say or do will help you but I know your quest of a 15kg fish is beyond you. So my next big fish will be dedicated to you!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Fab, it just goes to show the strength of character you have. Your loss is tragic but it has moulded you to who you are now! I'm sure this post has made quiet a few people sit back and reflect on the important things in life! So thank you for sharing!

Xsite, I feel for you tremendously of your situation. Nothing I say or do will help you but I know your quest of a 15kg fish is beyond you. So my next big fish will be dedicated to you!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks mate

Xsite, I am touched by your story too mate. Your wife obviously loves you very much. You must both be having a very hard time at the moment. I wish you both some happiness as you face the difficult times ahead. Good luck mate. Big Neil.

Thanks

Thanks mate

It's the least I can do. I'm off to Darwin next Friday, so hopefully you'll see a report in a few weeks of a big fish with your name on it!

Fabian, I'll also dedicate one for you! As it's stories like yours that reminds me to enjoy every moment!

I am sorry to hear your story, tears is running down my checks,12-oct is my wife's birthday and she is going to hell at he moment due to my health, although i am still around but the tear I brought to her due to my sickness is unbearable for me too. I wish I could do more but unable to do anything, she is refusing to give up on me which. its shows that life is very fragile so enjoy time together with your family and do what ever you can while you can. It is a lot worst when you can see things will happen but cant do anything to change the event

Xsite

I can relate to what your wife,yourself and all the loved ones around you are going through mate.I lost my father on the eve of my 21st birthday in 1995 due to cancer.He was 63 and left behind a wife and 4 children.I lost my eldest sister in 2005 due to a terminal brain Tumor.She left behind a Mother,3 brothers,a husband and 5 children of her own.In 2010 I was diagnosed with spinal cancer but have been cleared for now.

I think about my father missing my 21st birthday,not having him around for the kids birthdays,christmas's,gatherings etc on a daily basis.The same for my sister.But you know what I feel the most sadness for is my mother losing a husband,a daughter and almost her youngest child(Me).

I watched my fathers and sisters health decline over the years and I can honestly say I would sacrifice my own life to have been able to give them back there's knowing full well that there was nothing I or anyone could do to change the cards that they had been dealt.

Rest assured that as brave and macho us men think we are our wives are stronger and more resilient than we sometimes give them credit for.

I know that my Cancer can return and take my life some day and have accepted that from the beginning having told my loved ones that I want them to be happy after I'm gone and to remember me for who I was.

For now I'm going to keep on sharing my life with them all and being the best loving,caring human I can be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family mate during these difficult times ahead.

Edited by Fab1

It's the least I can do. I'm off to Darwin next Friday, so hopefully you'll see a report in a few weeks of a big fish with your name on it!

Fabian, I'll also dedicate one for you! As it's stories like yours that reminds me to enjoy every moment!

Cheers mate.Enjoy the trip.