Looking to catch salmon and kingfish

Bell_Syd

Hi all

Been in Sydney for just over 4 years now. Done some fishing here but not much just gone for squid and smaller fish. I’m looking to get into a bit more now and would love to catch some good size fish and learn some new techniques.

I’m looking manly to go for salmon at the minute but will be happy just getting out there fishing more. As I’m not to familiar with the sea don’t really fancy going out rock fishing on my own till I know what I’m doing.

Mark

Randwick/Clovelly

Looking to catch anything

Can fish weekends and most weekdays after work (4ish onwards)

Looking to fish locally so I can get out as much as possible but I can travel.

Have some gear rod/reel, some rigs, spinners and that sort of thing but don’t know what’s best to target certain fish.

And don’t have a boat

I have been looking at fishing the heads at Malabar and little bay, south Maroubra and the point just by Clovelly, but all look quite hectic to go on your own.

can also swap some home-brew for a few trips out.

Edited by Bell_Syd

• 3 weeks later...

Mate that is a great catch. I usually catch drummer around maroubra area but way too risky with huge swells sometimes. Have never caught king fish that size. Mate would like to join you one day for fishing. is it possible to share this location.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2016 at 6:36 PM, Rock Drummer said:

Mate that is a great catch. I usually catch drummer around maroubra area but way too risky with huge swells sometimes. Have never caught king fish that size. Mate would like to join you one day for fishing. is it possible to share this location.

cheers

I do most of my fishing down south now due to work in Canberra, that's Avoca south in the pics, live squid and yakkas produce the goods there and using jet poppers is accounting for a few good catches too