Fishing ban for Cronulla

dogbox

Mate I hope you are right but watch- they will sneak the announcments through over Xmas when its quiet. I got a "reply" from Speakman the other day to a letter asking why there was no representation from Rec Fishing groups on the current PArk review - and the reply was "we are consulting widely" complete BS. I am not optimistic about this at all. Labour wont be our friends on this either 

Guest Guest123456789
On 18/11/2016 at 9:07 AM, PaddyT said:

Mate I hope you are right but watch- they will sneak the announcments through over Xmas when its quiet. I got a "reply" from Speakman the other day to a letter asking why there was no representation from Rec Fishing groups on the current PArk review - and the reply was "we are consulting widely" complete BS. I am not optimistic about this at all. Labour wont be our friends on this either 

Trump winning the US election and the shooters fishers and farmers possibly winning the orange by election shows democracy is alive and the big parties can't keep ignoring us and focussing on political donors forever. One nation, shooters and fishers, the greens the fringe parties are getting bigger and bigger

Got nothing to do with political donors- its all got to do with votes and the public service. Large parts of the public service are very anti rec fishing so present a certain agenda to the minister who takes it on board and sees it as a vote winner - after all doing "something good " for the environment will resonate very well with the electorate- wont it!. Banning rec fishing is easier that bringing in proper environmental laws and control of the things that are really destroying fisheries - overdevelopment on floodplains, runoff - silt and sometimes nastier things, like the chemical fire  runoff that went into South Creek a couple of years back and caused huge dead zones in the Hawkesbury (bet you didnt hear about that). Thankfully the water releases from the dam have finally flushed that out and the Hawkesbury is coming good again after a couple of bad years.  As for your comments on the politics- yes the Shooters will help us, maybe One Nation but the Greens will always be against us. No point in bitching about it on this forum- write a letter to your local memeber and tell him that you will take your vote elsewhere if they support Rec Fishing lockouts.

Guest Guest123456789

Paddy it has everything to do with political donations. Who do you think pays for political advertising? Google north sydney forum nick greiner if you still don't believe me. It is the root cause of all the problems with politics today. Why else do you think the political class won't tax sugar despite being under extreme fiscal pressure and 2/3 of people being overweight or obese?

As for the letter suggestion and the snipe about me 'bitching online' I suggest you use language less sexist for one and two you're assum

5 hours ago, PaddyT said:

Got nothing to do with political donors- its all got to do with votes and the public service. Large parts of the public service are very anti rec fishing so present a certain agenda to the minister who takes it on board and sees it as a vote winner - after all doing "something good " for the environment will resonate very well with the electorate- wont it!. Banning rec fishing is easier that bringing in proper environmental laws and control of the things that are really destroying fisheries - overdevelopment on floodplains, runoff - silt and sometimes nastier things, like the chemical fire  runoff that went into South Creek a couple of years back and caused huge dead zones in the Hawkesbury (bet you didnt hear about that). Thankfully the water releases from the dam have finally flushed that out and the Hawkesbury is coming good again after a couple of bad years.  As for your comments on the politics- yes the Shooters will help us, maybe One Nation but the Greens will always be against us. No point in bitching about it on this forum- write a letter to your local memeber and tell him that you will take your vote elsewhere if they support Rec Fishing lockouts.

Paddy it has everything to do with political donations. Who do you think pays for political advertising? Google north sydney forum nick greiner if you still don't believe me. It is the root cause of all the problems with politics today. Why else do you think the political class won't tax sugar despite being under extreme fiscal pressure and 2/3 of people being overweight or obese?

As for the letter suggestion and the snipe about me 'bitching online' I suggest you use language less sexist for one and two you're assuming incorrectly I haven't both written to and spoken in person with our local state member Adam Crouch.

Luke - I am glad that you have taken the time to contact your Local member- my comments about "bitching" were meant as a general one- I unfortunately see too many fishos' get very upset when they hear about possible closures- and then do absolutly nothing- If everyone did what you have we would easily win the upcoming battle- I still remain pessamistic.

• 1 month later...

I have been involved with this problem for sometime. I have asked for Speakman & Blair to resign.They know nothing about Fishing & all  they are doing is listening to the dogooders. Speakman is so stupid, he wanted to pull down the Angel Rings around the rock fishing sites.Why ? they didn't fit into the Environment. While Victoria & NT are pouring $$$$$$$$$$$$ into Fishing NSW is spending$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of Taxpayers money to stop it. I warned them they will be voted out in 2019. There are so many people involved in this it is not funny & they know nothing about Fishing. Pick up any Fishing Mag or local newspaper, Fishing in NSW has never been better. In 2016 it was great.

Cheers.