Trout Eucumbene

Houdini

Fished with my dad at Eucumbene for the weekend.
Stayed at Anglers Reach Lakeside Village (great place).
Fished Friday arvo all Saturday (stopping for lunch and a hot cuppa back at the cabin) and Sunday Morning for 9 keepers a few throw backs and a few hits and misses/jump offs.
We only trolled lures around the local area.
Best lure was tassie devil #108 flat line.
Dad caught this beast old school on a ford fender with tassie #45 in 7g
Lots of fish being caught off the bank on worms by others.
The weather was diverse. Sun, snow, wind and waves all represented.
Lucky we caught some fish otherwise we'd have to have rocks in our head.

Dad trout.jpg

Good stuff mate. Nice brown there looks on top nick. With the dam still rising the fishing has been great. This trout season with all that rain we got will be one of the best in recent times. Thanks for the report. I'll be down in a fortnight waving the wand on the local streams! 

Top looking Brown!

It is going to be a cracker, there is still plenty of snow to come down.  I see Tantangara is at 71%, I cant remember it ever being this high since it filled.  All of that water will most likely end up in Eucumbene too seeing as the downstram dams are pretty full already.

It will be a midge explosion, last time I saw this it was some of the most exciting dry fly fishing I have experienced.

Windy

There would be heart attacks from the pre-spawn fisho's next year if the bridge pool at Denisons was 5 metres under water!

If Eucumbenes level gets up over 60% I am ditching work and head straight up there.

Windy