New to Central Coast

robburns

Hi all I've just signed up to the forum as I'm new to the Central Coast NSW and desperately need some tips/guidance on salt water fishing!

I'm originally from the Central West NSW and grew up fishing fresh water chasing cod/yellow belly etc this salt water business is very new to me!

If anyone is looking for some company to fish with either on land or boat, I'd be more than happy to tag along, I've got all my fishing gear and obviously will pay my way in regards to fuel or any costs incurred.

Cheers guys!

Guest Guest123456789

Davistown RSL has a really good fishing club. Some of my friends go there.

i'd offer to join you on a trip but with work and family it's hard to plan anything - normally I go spur of the moment.

Hi Rob - I am by no means an expert that is going to astound you with my vast expertise but I would be happy to have you join me sometime.  I live in Blackwall which is just on the other side of the Rip Bridge from where you are.  I doubt I am going to get out this weekend but I am sure we could line something up soon.  There's another Raider that I have been trying to line up a time to go with as well - so maybe he's an expert that could teach us both a thing or two :)

Hi Rob

You can come out with me when I go if you want.

I've been out with craig a couple of times. Brisbane water

can be frustrating sometimes. I go outside sometimes to the flathead

grounds. You need a heavy sinker for that.

I either go in at Gosford or WoyWoy depending on what I'm doing

cheers antony

The rocks at Avoca should be firing for kings by now. There are also schools of BIG luderick within 20m of the rocks in summer after they move back out of the estuaries after winter spawning. 

Luderick there fish very well on unweighted pieces of bread floating on the surface. Got my pb there on floating bread. Use light braid to give you the distance casting such a light presentation. 

Anyone into fly fishing would clean up on them there too