Trip to Sydney

JonD

Just been to Sydney for a couple of days and have to say thank goodness we don't live their anymore. After doing 16km in 1-30 mins I got out of the car fisickly shaking ( give me a rough bar crossing any day over that ) I suppose you get used to it.

Anyway had to take my youngest daughter ( not the one who fishes ) to a press conference having just come first in her year 7-8 category for the Morans photographic completion. There were three students chosen in thier respective age groups out of over 400,000 eateries this year. Not to miss out her sister had 6 images in the final while Tess who won her ctagory had 4.

Each of my three children have had wins in this most prestigious art prize competition which is free for students to enter. 

Glad to be back home to the piece and quiet but have to admit mixing it with the rich and famous was pretty good.

Jon

congratulations to the girls. Do you live in Narooma Jon? I was there 2 weeks ago, I can say we fell in love with the place. We are looking to buy a liltle house there or a piece of land. I have my eye on a block in Dalmeny. Going there in two weeks again.

On 28/10/2016 at 1:58 PM, JonD said:

After doing 16km in 1-30 mins I got out of the car fisickly shaking 

Your lucky to get that done in Sydney ... You must have Been Lucky not to get stuck in PEAK trafiic ....:lol::lol:

On 29 October 2016 at 7:47 AM, mauricio said:

congratulations to the girls. Do you live in Narooma Jon? I was there 2 weeks ago, I can say we fell in love with the place. We are looking to buy a liltle house there or a piece of land. I have my eye on a block in Dalmeny. Going there in two weeks again.

Yes mate I'm from Dalmeny, great place to bring up the family, moved out of Sydney just after the first was born.

Jon

Congrats to your daughter Jon! You obviously have very talented children! 

Yep, I'll give Sydney a miss too! Hence my move to port stephens! 

We have one traffic light on the peninsular and that's a pedestrian crossing! Unlucky to get that one! 

They reckon if you lived in Sydney all your life (80years) you would have spent 2 years of your life at traffic lights! Now that's a waste of fishing time! :)

cheers scratchie!!!