Port Kembla southern breakwall open yet

dak1

Hi raiders, long time observer 1st time poster other than a few replies.Love the site and member inputs,actually very addictive:-rolleyes.I would just like to ask any members down Kembla way if the southern wall has reopened.Thanks in advance and thanks to Mr & Mrs Swordie for a great site.Cheers Darko.

6 minutes ago, Lungfai76 said:

2 weeks ago it was still closed, popped by northern breakwall today and that was closed also.

Thanks for the reply Lungfai ,was there about 2 months ago and had a backhoe on the wall probably readjusting boulders that moved in the storms a few months ago.Would have though it would have been repaired by now.Thanks again.Darko.

The break wall have been closed due to the storms back in July, I inquired with NSW Ports and was advised that it would be open towards the end of the year. I have asked them for rough dates, but no response. Hopefully it will be open soon, as I see a lot more fisher risking it on the rocks these days, since the break walls are closed.

On 31/10/2016 at 3:16 PM, Kedz112 said:

The break wall have been closed due to the storms back in July, I inquired with NSW Ports and was advised that it would be open towards the end of the year. I have asked them for rough dates, but no response. Hopefully it will be open soon, as I see a lot more fisher risking it on the rocks these days, since the break walls are closed.

Thanks Kedz,keep us posted i you find out any new info.Thanks Darko.

We were out on harbour last weekend when the cruise ship came in. They were doing repairs at the very end. However they did open it up and let a lot of people on the wall to welcome the cruise ship in. Not sure if they have left it open but people were fishing from it after the crowds left.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gates on the seawall road were closed on Sunday. There's a company trying to reclaim the wave rider project at oillies (the big derilic lump of steel just off the beach ), I guess they prefer the gates shut at the moment to keep the public away from the job site.There the second company to attempt the removal so the gates may be closed for sometime. Was speaking with there foreman last week and apparently there's 6 meters of the thing buried under the sand. I got the impression that they are only reclaiming what's above the sand. Either way, no access at the moment. 

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, elferoz777 said:

Its over.

They have fenced every part off now bar the beach facing site near the old gate and it sux there.

Thanks for the uodate. Saved me a trip there and finding out myself

guess its either hill 60 or bass hill now