New to game fishing

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

Hey guys 

I'm new to game fishing I'm waiting on my boat to come from NZ when she is here I want to give marlin fishing ago 

question I have a I like the look of the scent blazers lures but not to sure what lure pack to get ?? 

I want to chase those little blacks and yellow fin when in season and some dolphin fish .. 

i have a  2 x tiara 50lrsa with 24kg on a backbone .. 

any tips on these lures would be great and I want to get a set of teasers do they run on a rod ?? 

Thanks 

Scent blazer lures are a great start to your tackle arsenal. They have without a doubt the best teaser I've ever seen on a game boat and trust me I've been on quite a few! 

When purchasing lures, it's always personal preference but a lumo sprocket is a must inclusion to any lures! 

I prefer to skip bait or troll livies but using lures is a great way to cover ground! 

Ill let you know when the little blacks are on the inshore program in my area if you like! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

There is a heap of info out there. If you are fishing off Sydney blacks can be a bit hit and miss most of the marlin caught are Stripes. We dont get in general the bait aggregations that occur off Port Stephens or the South Coast so lures is a good way to cover ground. Lots of stuff you can ask but try to be specific.

Guest stephanb79
On 11/6/2016 at 1:01 PM, Scratchie said:

Scent blazer lures are a great start to your tackle arsenal. They have without a doubt the best teaser I've ever seen on a game boat and trust me I've been on quite a few! 

When purchasing lures, it's always personal preference but a lumo sprocket is a must inclusion to any lures! 

I prefer to skip bait or troll livies but using lures is a great way to cover ground! 

Ill let you know when the little blacks are on the inshore program in my area if you like! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

hey mate 

yeah thanks for that and yes i would love to know when they are on up your way and i will come up !!1 

i should have my new boat around the first week of December..

4myson was telling me about going up your way when they are on cant wait !!!1 

Guest stephanb79
On 07/11/2016 at 9:35 AM, PaddyT said:

There is a heap of info out there. If you are fishing off Sydney blacks can be a bit hit and miss most of the marlin caught are Stripes. We dont get in general the bait aggregations that occur off Port Stephens or the South Coast so lures is a good way to cover ground. Lots of stuff you can ask but try to be specific.

thanks for the info im doing this blind sorry never done this before and i would like to give it ago im sorry if i ask silly question lol 

i would like to catch any species of marlin .. 

Guest stephanb79
1 hour ago, NaClH2OK9 said:

Drop Pete (scent blazer)  a PM,  he'll be able to advise on packs . He's incredibly helpful. What ever you get make sure you have a lure chain they are Gun rigs. 

Yeah thanks love those pink gains