Quintrex 650 or 690 Trident anyone owned one? Had problems!?

Nick Fish

I have the Telwater scuppers  with the squash ball in them and had no issue at all.  The older version with the stupid rubber flap on my previous boat just did not work and the dealer didn’t even attempt to fix them under warranty after asking at service time.    We sealed them up. 

Edited by Welster
Typo again
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Basil D said:

Have you had any problems with water getting under the floor while out fishing, Im getting a few litres in a day

The last few trips I have had a few litres as well.   I had doubts if it happened out on the water though.   It’s definitely drained atm as I washed the boat at a mates house before driving home with the bungs out and putting it in the garage.  So I will know for sure next trip.   My boat is an Stacer Easy Rider not a Trident. 

• Like 1

I get that and just put it down to not having enough tilt to drain water from the very front, might have to try and reverse down the boat ramp and leave the bung out and see if more water comes out before I go fishing.

I did taste it once and it was fresh so I put it down to being rain water rather than through my scupper

• 3 weeks later...

ok so I removed everything out of the back, foam and all and took her out, found minor droplets from the trim tabs and a split hose from the return hose of the live bait tank, also washed the deck and found water leaking from behind the funnels that drain the water to the back scuppers , all minor stuff but annoying, resealed the lot and replaced hoses with high pressure hoses, I know they wont split 

20190814_161622.jpg

20190816_143322.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Basil was getting the floor out a big painful job ?

That was the easy part, the hard part was stacking all the foam back in LOL

13 hours ago, Welster said:

Good move on using pressure hose it should be that way from the factory. 

cant believe that it wasn't 

12 hours ago, noelm said:

It might be prudent to protect the hoses and electrical wiring from the edges of the "ribs" on the floor while you have access to prevent possible damage later on.

I have padded them nicely 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1