We come with L plates

Farmer

Not long Been in the big smoke (Oatley). Been a beef producer all my life (bulls mainly). I love fishing and need someone to steer me and my mate (Also an ex farmer) in the right direction. Hoping someone out there Will take us under their wing. 

Distance is Not an issue. I used to drive 180km for groceries. 

Hey farmer,

welcome to the "big smoke" and Fishraider! 

So our members can possibly help you out, what type of fishing are you looking to do? 

Landbased, boat, river, sea, flathead, marlin etc??? 

Good luck with you quest. Hope you don't get to frustrated by all the traffic lights! :)

cheers scratchie!!! 

G'day Scratchie, 

Tick to all of the above. Currently don't have a floating device so land based for now. We have been flicking lures around with limited success. I live near the como bridge, I call it a big creek, technically I'm sure its a river, so river fishing. Not set up with any big gear at this stage however is on the bucket list.

Bait collection (fish and prawns)and rigging would be an ideal grounding for now.  We are both a sponge wanting to learn anything and everything. 

The traffic sux btw. The thing I really miss are the stars at night.

I have tried fishing the Como area and i have caught 0. Gymea Bay Baths works quite well, but it's annoying there as there are a lot of small fish. If you have a wharf or pontoon on the back of your place, should just try burley with bread and floating a piece of bread on a small hook. Will most likely get bream or luderick on high tide