Cronulla Visitor

dfmdab

Good day fellow fishos, I've just landed today from the UK to visit my daughter and grandkids who live near Shelly Park in Cronulla. I'm here for 9 weeks and plan to do quite a bit of fishing during my stay. On my last visit 3 years ago I managed to catch 18 different species from the shore at Wanda beach, South Cronulla beach, rocks just south of Shark Island, Finders Point, Salmon Haul Bay and over the bay at Bundeena. I would be grateful of any advice as to where's fishing at present and if I could join someone on their next trip out.

Cheers

DaveMck

Hi Dave. Welcome to the site mate. I have a mate that lives at Whitley Bay ( not far south of you ) who comes out here every year.

I met him through a fishing web site and we have been good friends now for the past 3 years, he should be coming shortly.

I would be willing to get together with you and take you fishing in my boat, it would only be lake and river fishing as the boat

is built for Bass/Barra style fishing and not suited for outside, A bit flat out with a project for the next couple of weeks but after that I will be free as I am a pensioner and have plenty of time to kill.

I never guarantee a catch but generally have a good time trying, so keep me in mind and as soon as I get this project finished I will give you a PM so we can arrange a meet.

Frank

Thanks Frank that would be great, is that John you are talking about, I've never met him but have messaged him on similar fishing website's back home and I've read his reports on here. I'm trying to get over the jet lag and planning to get my bait supplies of frozen pilli's, squid & prawns today before an evening session tomorrow evening and hopefully I'll be posting my first catch report.

hope too see you in a few weeks.

Edited by dfmdab

Dave. Yes mate that's him, a fine gentleman. The sites that we used to use here are now closed down. I will send him a link so he can join this site, maybe the 3 of us could get together for a fish, will keep in touch.

PS have you purchased a NSW fishing licence ?.

Frank

Frank, over the jet lag so I went to Tackle World at Tarren Point and got my licience there as well as my bait supplies, I was like a kid in a toy shop, however I resisted the urge and convinced myself I brought enough equipment. I keep a 4 metre beachcaster at my daughters but I brought over a Shimano fixed spool as well as a Penn 525 muliplier which I use off the rocks. I'm going to the rocks just north of Shelly Park tonight so hope to be posting my first catch report tomorrow.

looking forward to our trip out, just pm me when your ready.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...