Boat trailer guide posts

Fab1

After finishing With the boat earlier,the mrs kindly walks past and says that we need something on the trailer so she can see it easier with the boat unloaded.

Anyway off to the shed to grab some 40mm galvanised thick walled powder coated pipe,a few stainless nut,bolts and washers,the drill and bits and to work I went.

Just need to add end caps and maybe even some reflective tape and flashing lights for her.Lol.

They are very strong and will serve to keep the boat on the trailer and be easier to see the trailer for both of us when empty.

cheers.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

All done,I fitted some thick walled PVC pipe with rivets over the steel posts to act as a buffer and the reflective tape and caps.Happy with the results.If the mrs can't see it now it's a trip to the optometrist first followed by flashing lights and a siren.

Cheers.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, Fab1 said:

All done,I fitted some thick walled PVC pipe with rivets over the steel posts to act as a buffer and the reflective tape and caps.Happy with the results.If the mrs can't see it now it's a trip to the optometrist first followed by flashing lights and a siren.

Cheers.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice work 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Fishop said:

This is definitely going on the list of things to do.  Haha, should help with driving it on the trailer as well.

Yeah,they help when you have a bit of side current or wind whether driving or winching.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:15 PM, Fab1 said:

Yeah,they help when you have a bit of side current or wind whether driving or winching.

And for when im on my lonesome I usually have a rope tied to the back to keep the stern from blowing sideways now I can just let the poles hold the boat straight when im winding it on.

• Like 1

Any ideas on how I could go about doing this with my trailer?  Seems the boat is wider in the middle than at the stern (not sure if you can tell from the image)

I'd have to perhaps make them removable or on a bit of an angle as the widest part of the trailer isn't as wide as the boat.

Any suggestions? 

20180723_084647.jpg

Edited by Fishop

4 hours ago, Fishop said:

Any ideas on how I could go about doing this with my trailer?  Seems the boat is wider in the middle than at the stern (not sure if you can tell from the image)

I'd have to perhaps make them removable or on a bit of an angle as the widest part of the trailer isn't as wide as the boat.

Any suggestions? 

20180723_084647.jpg

Get some pipe bent up or welded into a L shape with a mounting plate on the end.Then u bolt the mounting plate to the side rails on your trailer.Saying that if you don't have the materials and a welder like i did,it may be cheaper/easier to buy them already made.

All boats including mine are wider at the shoulders and you set the width of the trailer posts a fraction wider than that.

• Like 1