some recent bream

dirvin21

as a self confessed bream luring addict its been a tough few weeks but finally the fish have started to cooperate, no monsters but any bream on a lure is a good bream

lures of choice, cranka crab, ecogear sx40, atomic hardz deep shad

happy breaming

Dave

20160218_110602.jpg20160601_132029.jpg20161017_133604.jpg20161116_091931.jpg20161123_072313.jpg

As you say, any bream on a lure is a good bream. Totally agree.

I reckon you'll increase your chances of a big one dramatically if you drop your leader to 4lb. Can make the flatties a menace and expect to lose a lure or two but you've gotta be in it to win it!

General area where the bream were caught?

7 hours ago, jdanger said:

As you say, any bream on a lure is a good bream. Totally agree.

I reckon you'll increase your chances of a big one dramatically if you drop your leader to 4lb. Can make the flatties a menace and expect to lose a lure or two but you've gotta be in it to win it!

General area where the bream were caught?

most of the fish came from fishing rockwalls landbased in the upper river casting along the wall and twitching the lure back against it, the 2 fish on cranka crabs came from casting bridge pylons and letting it sink down against it

, I have used lighter leader in the past especially with soft plastics, but I have found with hardbodies I still consistently catch respectable sized bream and the occasional big one with 8lb fluro and given I generally fish structure my favorite being submerged mangroves at high tide plus there are a lot of bycatch species around the system like estuary cod, GT's and moses perch so I prefer the bit of abrasion resistance 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...