Fab1

Anyone running one on their boat trailer/caravan etc?I know a few horse people and caravaners running them and they look like a good bit of kit.

They eliminate all clanging at the ball along with ball and coupler wear with conventional towing systems.

They can be retro fitted to any trailer and thinking of putting one on my boat trailer and horse float.

They are actually a universal joint from a land cruiser or a 10 tonne truck when getting up there in the higher weight ratings.

Great idea.image.jpg

For my caravan, I have a Hitch-Ezi system fitted. Very good unit, can reverse to  the spot with the reversing camera, and easily hook up, regardless of angle when reversing, or the slope of the land.

Have not tried the McHitch unit.

Dave.

21 hours ago, Yowie said:

For my caravan, I have a Hitch-Ezi system fitted. Very good unit, can reverse to  the spot with the reversing camera, and easily hook up, regardless of angle when reversing, or the slope of the land.

Have not tried the McHitch unit.

Dave.

I've seen the Hitch ezy system and there good also.I would of thought some of the guys with bigger rigs on here would of used the systems at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

If your ball and cup fitting is "clanning" Fab ,  probably needs the tolerance adjusted. The uni style hitches are great for sharp pitch and yaw situations but total overkill for general towing. If you need/want one look at the urethane knuckle types.