Crowd-sourced map of water accessible vendors

ozMoses

G'Day All,

I'm often out on the water and wondering where I can buy stuff. From what I've found, there's no decent map available of water accessible shops for Sydney and surrounds. If there's interest, I'd like to crowd-source this information from the good folks on this site, then combine it into a public google map.

Would anyone be interested in contributing to this / find a resource like this useful?

I've created a public google map that would be a great platform on which to host it, if anyone would like to add a location, it's open to anyone to edit at this link: http://bit.ly/mapFR

Alternatively, you could add a destination in this thread and I'll add it to the map.

Cheers,

Moses.

Edited by ozMoses

15 minutes ago, savit said:

Heaps of food spots on Tripadvisor including location, reviews etc. Thousands can be added to the  map...

Thanks - will check out Tripadvisor. I'm trying to make something tailored for people in boats, ideally where you can pull up out the front in your boat and buy stuff.

9 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Navionics has this function on its app. Where to get fuel/food/marinas etc! 

I've got Navionics - I'll take a better look into the app as it seems a bit hard to interpret... eg you have to click into every marina to see if they have 'transient berths'

Something that would also be good to implement are for those with boats who don't have a 'head',  public toilet locations that are accessible by boat  Ie a place to Moore up (preferably free) or beach and walking distance to a toilet. Not sure if there is a feature like this already as I  only just got a fish finder with gps and would love to have something like this when I'm out and about. 

Cheers  OJ

Guest Guest123456789

Sounds like you have an app in Alpha and are looking to source more data. Best of luck, I for one would certainly use it!

PS you better offer swordies a % haha!