Over 26,000 members?

Fab1

I just realised that's how many members are on this fantastic site.

But I would of thought that more than the handful of regular contributors would have something to add to this great community we call fishraider.

Surely guys must get out on their boats/yaks,Work on their gear etc to be able to contribute a little more as I for one really enjoy reading everyone's posts and try to contribute where I can even though I don't get out fishing as often as I'd like to nor am very good at it.

If you have anything to say no matter how insignificant it may seem post it up anyway as you'd be surprised at who you may help.

To say that I'm shocked at the lack of input considering our members is an understatement as people contributing is what keeps a great site like this going.

I understand people like to keep info to themselves and that's fine but I'm sure there's plenty of others that don't.

Sorry to rave on as I found it very disappointing when I realised the members we have and to all the team keep up the great effort and time you all put into this fantastic site as I really appreciate all your efforts.

Fabian.

Since the launch of the new look site, I have noticed more first time contributers than I've seen in many years! 

Fab, you are a very active member and have a very positive input into this site. You would be surprised at the amount people use this for their fishing adventures. It is nice to see first time posters, but sometimes they may just prefer to use the time it takes to post to go fishing! :)

Cheers scratchie!!! 

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Since the launch of the new look site, I have noticed more first time contributers than I've seen in many years! 

Fab, you are a very active member and have a very positive input into this site. You would be surprised at the amount people use this for their fishing adventures. It is nice to see first time posters, but sometimes they may just prefer to use the time it takes to post to go fishing! :)

Cheers scratchie!!! 

I hear you mate,I wish I could get out as much as you guys.

I think we are all privileged to be able to use this site and can never underestimate the work that goes in to providing it FREE OF CHARGE so that we can all benefit from the communication we enjoy with other like minded people. But Fabian is right in voicing concern at the fact that probably 1% of the members provide 99% of the input. We can only hope that others will be encouraged to put up their 1st post and respond to the posts put up by other members...otherwise all the hard work done by the owners and administrators will be in vain.

To that end let me encourage any member who is mulling the thought of posting...to actually do it. You will not be ridiculed or devalued on this site. Indeed, you will feel good about being a part of a fabulous enterprise, you will learn heaps of valuable information and MOST LIKELY pass on some valuable information to others. That's my 2 bob's worth BN.

Hi Fab, I try and read every one of your posts as well as a few other guys on here that know their stuff, also try and read newer members posts and help out wherever I can.

I haven't learnt how to post photos on this site as yet and when I do I will be making a lot more posts with things I have made for boats and all kinds of you beaut ideas I have invented over the years.

I was the first to make a side console tinnie in Australia, a few years later the craze caught on. How I wished I had patented the concept.

Anyhow I know what you are on about and yes I agree there should be more input with the amount of members on here.

Frank

8 hours ago, big Neil said:

I think we are all privileged to be able to use this site and can never underestimate the work that goes in to providing it FREE OF CHARGE so that we can all benefit from the communication we enjoy with other like minded people. But Fabian is right in voicing concern at the fact that probably 1% of the members provide 99% of the input. We can only hope that others will be encouraged to put up their 1st post and respond to the posts put up by other members...otherwise all the hard work done by the owners and administrators will be in vain.

To that end let me encourage any member who is mulling the thought of posting...to actually do it. You will not be ridiculed or devalued on this site. Indeed, you will feel good about being a part of a fabulous enterprise, you will learn heaps of valuable information and MOST LIKELY pass on some valuable information to others. That's my 2 bob's worth BN.

Very well put mate.

7 hours ago, frankS said:

Hi Fab, I try and read every one of your posts as well as a few other guys on here that know their stuff, also try and read newer members posts and help out wherever I can.

I haven't learnt how to post photos on this site as yet and when I do I will be making a lot more posts with things I have made for boats and all kinds of you beaut ideas I have invented over the years.

I was the first to make a side console tinnie in Australia, a few years later the craze caught on. How I wished I had patented the concept.

Anyhow I know what you are on about and yes I agree there should be more input with the amount of members on here.

Frank

I for one look forward to seeing what you've made.In regards to that side console boat you made I wish I had patented it with you.

Are you using a Phone or desktop to post?

Frank S. I would encourage you to get in touch with Donna (Mrs Swordy) and ask her to provide you with information on how to post photos. Tell her what device you're using PC, phone??? and she'll give you the low down. Then we can all share pics you want to post. Cheers Frank, BN

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellow Raider Members,

I have been absent from the site for a quite a few years. Hasn't time flown. Looks like Fishraider has taken a new dimension .Credit to Donna and Stewie . Hoping to catch up and participate again soon.

Cheers Bart

Edited by bart

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2016 at 5:55 AM, bart said:

I have been absent from the site for a quite a few years. Hasn't time flown. Looks like Fishraider has taken a new dimension .Credit to Donna and Stewie . Hoping to catch up and participate again soon.

Cheers Bart

Afternoon,

Im like Bart & have been absent from the site for a while also.

Unfortunately due to work & other commitments i havent been getting out as much as i would like.

Good to see the site is still going strong

Stephen

15 hours ago, vipernut said:

Afternoon,

Im like Bart & have been absent from the site for a while also.

Unfortunately due to work & other commitments i havent been getting out as much as i would like.

Good to see the site is still going strong

Stephen

Nice to see our old raiders return - welcome back don't be a stranger :)

I miss the old raiders!

cephalopod, namesay, GregL (rip), Roberta, plus many others!

times change i guess!

saying that there are some great new contributors here, new to me anyway lol.

gotta say id kill to see what kelvin and Ceph are upto, fishing machines!

those 2 young sydney boys who do really well seem to have gone quiet also, you onow the one who cant crack a smile lol and his mate!

they were mad young gun fishos who couldve taught me a few tricks!

maybe admin should contact them all and let them know how much we miss them lol.

cheers, Lee.

7 hours ago, Hooked-Up said:

I miss the old raiders!

cephalopod, namesay, GregL (rip), Roberta, plus many others!

times change i guess!

saying that there are some great new contributors here, new to me anyway lol.

gotta say id kill to see what kelvin and Ceph are upto, fishing machines!

those 2 young sydney boys who do really well seem to have gone quiet also, you onow the one who cant crack a smile lol and his mate!

they were mad young gun fishos who couldve taught me a few tricks!

maybe admin should contact them all and let them know how much we miss them lol.

cheers, Lee.

Times do change Lee!!

Greg is watching us all I expect and enjoying it. Roberta is a sponsored fisho by a lure maker I last heard.

Kelvin would still be catching Kingfish in the harbour with Tony Rzee

Seamus and Gianni - they lurk but don't seem to post anymore. Maybe they are busy starting their lives as young men now.

We have seen marriages, births, deaths over the years. People stop fishing for periods in their lives for many reasons but many come back. One member we met at an Entrance Social 10 or so years ago was a young boy and we heard from him last year a grown man with a wife and kids.

They are all welcome back anytime

On 11/01/2017 at 8:01 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Nice to see our old raiders return - welcome back don't be a stranger :)

Thanks Mrs Swordie,

Glad to see the site is still going strong.

will definitely try to be on the site more often, especially now that it looks more mobile friendly.

keep up the great work 

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2016 at 5:55 AM, bart said:

Cheers Bart

I also have been absent from here for awhile. Well done on the site upgrade btw.

But apparently my profile has been deleted from the Trivia page. :(

Edited by silverbike

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:20 AM, Fab1 said:

I just realised that's how many members are on this fantastic site.

But I would of thought that more than the handful of regular contributors would have something to add to this great community we call fishraider.

Surely guys must get out on their boats/yaks,Work on their gear etc to be able to contribute a little more as I for one really enjoy reading everyone's posts and try to contribute where I can even though I don't get out fishing as often as I'd like to nor am very good at it.

If you have anything to say no matter how insignificant it may seem post it up anyway as you'd be surprised at who you may help.

To say that I'm shocked at the lack of input considering our members is an understatement as people contributing is what keeps a great site like this going.

I understand people like to keep info to themselves and that's fine but I'm sure there's plenty of others that don't.

Sorry to rave on as I found it very disappointing when I realised the members we have and to all the team keep up the great effort and time you all put into this fantastic site as I really appreciate all your efforts.

Fabian.

If the web admin did a SQL query on "active" members, with a criteria of say the last 6 months, I'm sure the results returned is much less than 26,000.

Geez And your point is?

The membership numbers are only the registered members. It does not reflect any of the other statistics or analytics. 

Active members? What are you looking for? Visits, length of stay, post count, what forums have most activity, guests, what devices etc etc etc

There are many many members on here that just hit and run and do not contribute. 

I am very thankful we don't have 26,000 people hitting the site all the time. We would need a lot more resources human and otherwise ;)

Maybe we should just shut this forum down because of "inactive" members. 

I just need to select the "turn it off button" which equals "zero activity"

44 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Geez And your point is?

The membership numbers are only the registered members. It does not reflect any of the other statistics or analytics. 

Active members? What are you looking for? Visits, length of stay, post count, what forums have most activity, guests, what devices etc etc etc

There are many many members on here that just hit and run and do not contribute. 

I am very thankful we don't have 26,000 people hitting the site all the time. We would need a lot more resources human and otherwise ;)

Maybe we should just shut this forum down because of "inactive" members. 

I just need to select the "turn it off button" which equals "zero activity"

That about sums it up ????

such negativity from some people is the reason forum sites are failing..i have been an active member of a local site in my area for a number of years..the problem is the lack off activity onsite has me scratching my head..sometimes in the past few months there is periods of seven days without a topic being put to page..i joined raider after viewing for a long time  now I love being an active member of a thriving site...26000  or 260  who cares ?? so long as you have a diverse membership with different thoughts and the same thoughts every member benefits...news on where and when..help with fishing or boating problems can be a blessing for members needing aid...if someone doesn't like the site instead of bagging it I recommend they fade into obscurity with the other forums that have failed...my rant apologies to all you faders...rick

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

such negativity from some people is the reason forum sites are failing..i have been an active member of a local site in my area for a number of years..the problem is the lack off activity onsite has me scratching my head..sometimes in the past few months there is periods of seven days without a topic being put to page..i joined raider after viewing for a long time  now I love being an active member of a thriving site...26000  or 260  who cares ?? so long as you have a diverse membership with different thoughts and the same thoughts every member benefits...news on where and when..help with fishing or boating problems can be a blessing for members needing aid...if someone doesn't like the site instead of bagging it I recommend they fade into obscurity with the other forums that have failed...my rant apologies to all you faders...rick

Yeh well said Rick and the day our forum doesn't have a post for even a day it will close