Over 26,000 members?

Fab1

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Geez And your point is?

The membership numbers are only the registered members. It does not reflect any of the other statistics or analytics. 

Active members? What are you looking for? Visits, length of stay, post count, what forums have most activity, guests, what devices etc etc etc

There are many many members on here that just hit and run and do not contribute. 

I am very thankful we don't have 26,000 people hitting the site all the time. We would need a lot more resources human and otherwise ;)

Maybe we should just shut this forum down because of "inactive" members. 

I just need to select the "turn it off button" which equals "zero activity"

Hi Donna,

From reading Fabs original post, it seemed like  he genuinely thought that we had 26,000 active members who were not doing their part and contributing to this site. So my reply to Fab was letting him know that there's probably not that actual amount active, it was a genuine reply that was not intended to be harmful or derogatory. I think because this is the internet and not a face to face conversation, messages may be conveyed differently.

I've been a member since 2011 and provided 1000 posts trying to do my part. I've also contacted you personally via email when the site has been down etc and offered my help.

I'm a little taken back and at the same time apologize if I have offended you in anyway.

David

I'm not that stupid that I thought that all the members where going to be posting all at once,then again how do you know I'm not.Like I said in the original post it would be nice if out of all those members  more than the small percentage that replies and posts made the effort to contribute a little more.

I've found some of the dozens or so various sites I've been a member of over the years have stagnated because of this among other things and have closed down some of which where very good in the first few years with plenty of active posts and replies to those posts/questions etc.

Anyway it's good to see a few new guys posting after losing a few of the older members.

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

I'm not that stupid that I thought that all the members where going to be posting all at once,then again how do you know I'm not.Like I said in the original post it would be nice if out of all those members  more than the small percentage that replies and posts made the effort to contribute a little more.

I've found some of the dozens or so various sites I've been a member of over the years have stagnated because of this among other things and have closed down some of which where very good in the first few years with plenty of active posts and replies to those posts/questions etc.

Anyway it's good to see a few new guys posting after losing a few of the older members.

Cheers.

Hi Fabian, I've followed this thread and have to agree with you about more members posting, etc. It would be nice. Apathy is the one thing that will tear the heart out of any such facility. Things seem to happen in fits and starts on F/R, going from days with few posts to lots in the same day. However, all we can do is to ensure that each of us is giving /getting what we can from the site. It really is a privilege to have access to such a worthwhile site where we can contribute and learn from each other. Even with the best of intentions you can "take the horse to the trough, but you can't make it drink". You're an extremely valuable asset to this site and I doubt there would be another member who hasn't learned something from your posts. Keep doing your bit mate and I'll keep doing mine. Cheers, BN