Tweed Coolangatta Trip in Jan

dicky21

Hi Guys ,

I'm heading up to Kingscliff for my yearly holiday in Jan - except this time have the new boat with me. :1boat:

I usually go land based or out on charters, but problem is I don't have any marks/spots offshore. 

I've been able to grab marks for Fido's reef and 9 mile, and wondering if anyone has some good areas to have a fish at ?

I have gear to target anything from Whiting (have got a few out back of golf course on the river) up to Marlin, so if anyone can help out with some offshore info - that'd be awesome thanks :)

Ohhh and any advice on spots for yakkas or slimies up there.

G'day Dicky.

You should be here bang in the middle of the Mackerel run. The two most consistent spots are in very close to shore. Hit up google to find the marks for Palm Beach reef & the Gravel Patch. Both spotties & spanish can be found there, as well as small marlin. They are a short run north of the bar.

Off the front of the sand pumping jetty south of the Tweed bar has yakkas & Slimies, Watch the swell though, as it's shallow.

The broken reef in front of the pizza hut in Burliegh is a great livie spot.. Look for the red roof.

Be very careful on the Tweed bar. It can get very cranky!