Xmas gift idea for daughter

Raymondo

Gday all, only just realized the gifts I have for my 7 year old (going on 16) daughter are pretty boring.looking for something special.  Fishing gear is out as she is well stocked, and I'm not a fan of makeup and jewellery at this age. Any ideas? What has lit up your kids face in the past?

Books, clothes, things to play with in the water/pool, lego friends, colouring pencils and books, lipgloss, earrings, Pandora bracelet with one Christmas charm and add one each year, lamp for her room, cushions for her bed. Handbag. Chocolate stocking 

I am consulting with a group of ladies with young daughters at the moment. 

Try some of those Merry Christmas :)

2 hours ago, PaddyT said:

Trampoline

Yea could be an option ?

1 hour ago, blackfish angler said:

A lap top or notebook  .

She already has a ipad. Was mine and she's kinda laid claim to it.?

30 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Books, clothes, things to play with in the water/pool, lego friends, colouring pencils and books, lipgloss, earrings, Pandora bracelet with one Christmas charm and add one each year, lamp for her room, cushions for her bed. Handbag. Chocolate stocking 

I am consulting with a group of ladies with young daughters at the moment. 

Try some of those Merry Christmas :)

Thanks Donna and friends, yea ive got some bits and pieces already. Looking for the WOW present and no, im not getting a pony.?

Trampoline is in the lead at this stage. (Broken arm here we come).?

Weve had both netted and un-netted- my daughter is 13 (still uses it a fair bit) but the netted one gives them a lot more confidence to do tricks (flips etc)- no broken arms yet but a couple of split lips when she put her knee into her face on a couple of occasions- my girl is absolutely not the  princess type- so presents have always tended to be sports stuff.

You could get her a waterproof shockproof compact camera, so she can unleash her creativity. Plants in the garden attract bugs which my kids can spend hours trying to get that winning shot of. Buildings from different angles and people are endless around the city.

If she could have accesss to a computer and a basic photo editing package that could also keep he entertained.

Edited by JonD

Guest Guest123456789
7 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Yea could be an option ?

She already has a ipad. Was mine and she's kinda laid claim to it.?

Thanks Donna and friends, yea ive got some bits and pieces already. Looking for the WOW present and no, im not getting a pony.?

Trampoline is in the lead at this stage. (Broken arm here we come).?

I just got a 10 foot springless trampoline from target. No springs means longer lifespan and less noise. 

https://www.target.com.au/p/jumppod-1-ft-springless-trampoline/55818186

$250 is great value - our friend bought a very similar one from a toy shop 12 months ago and paid $800!

19 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

On a side note Jon, I ordered a 6.1m center console from Mclay. Should arrive Jan Feb next year, late chrissy prez for the family. 

Fantastic, have the family all fished before?

I got mine addicted by targeting shallow reefs 10-15m where they were able to catch fish after fish, most were just pretty fish like six spine leather jackets, Maori wrasse etc with the odd snapper too. Wasn't long before they became species hunters and now passionate little fishers.

Thats great. Yes we all fish, my daughter has even started to critic my wifes techniques. Much to my amusement. She started on slimies and has worked her way up to rat kings. The rod tether has had a workout more than once. Thanks again for the info on the RHIBS.

16 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Thats great. Yes we all fish, my daughter has even started to critic my wifes techniques. Much to my amusement. She started on slimies and has worked her way up to rat kings. The rod tether has had a workout more than once. Thanks again for the info on the RHIBS.

Once the kids get to the kingy stage they are well and truly hooked. Good to see another family enjoying fishing.

8 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

what did you go with in the end and keep us upto date on the Mclay!

Well Ive done a bit of a shifty. I already had an un used digital camera which has been wrapped up and Santa will drop off Xmas morning. I even remembered the batteries. As for the boat I will start a thread once I start getting progress photos early next year. Finished product should look like this.

Screenshot_2016-12-21-09-29-25-1.png