Port Hacking long overdue trip

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

It's been a while so just thought I'd put in a report on my last Wednesday's trip to the Hacking.

Fished Bate Bay early morning and was happy with anything really as haven't been able to get out in a while due to work commitments.

Tried all different reef areas in the bay on the drift and found it was very quiet until around lunchtime where I started my berley trail in the northern side of the bay.  Anchored up in 60ft of water.  It was a nice feeling pulling up fish (haven't done that in a while).  From 12.30pm to 2.30pm I was able to bring up some Trevally, Snapper, Black Spotted Goat Fish (which is a first for me), Flathead and a few squid and the usual reefies.  The finishing touch to the day was having a very large Macko come up to the boat which I got him on the heavy gear with a floating pillie soaked in tuna oil which gave me awesome fun and then released him boat side.

Only used Pilchard for bait.  Was a great day out.

As us Greek's will say "to barbouni irthe spiti".

Sorry, only have pictures of the goat fish as fishing took over that day. 

IMG_2965.jpg

20161216_164414_001.jpg

18 hours ago, Yowie said:

A good sized goatfish there Chris, and the mako would have been some fun. Had a few of them cruise up to the boat over the years, not too far off the shore line.

Dave.

Hi Dave

Been a workaholic in 2016, can't complain though.  The Goat fish was an amazing site to see in the water, it's equal to the red gurnards which I have let go every time I have caught them but this poor goaty had to come home as I was well over buying fish.

The Macko was a beauty, you never know when they are going to pop up and not far from my boat was a man paddling a kayak.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, big Neil said:

Well done mate, persistence paid off big time. Great report and picture too. However, you need to make and keep a New Years Resolution. "I will make more time for fishing". Too late when you can't do it any more. Cheers,BN

Hi Neil

Tried hard but not happening.  I feel the pain.  Can't complain though, self employed and work is keeping me busy.

Chris

1 hour ago, Pongrass18ft said:

Hi Neil

Tried hard but not happening.  I feel the pain.  Can't complain though, self employed and work is keeping me busy.

Chris

As long as you're happy with your circumstances Chris, life's good. Being retired I get to go fishing as often as I want. Like you I love it. Cheers mate have a relaxing break if you get one. BN

• 2 weeks later...