Just went to try my new Blackfish Rod and Reel

blackfish angler

Just went to Birkenhead Point with my new Blackfish Rod and Reel with no gear or net no weed to get the float at the right depth found a little cabbage so put on and casted and got a down and the hardest fight to date a stoker of a fish and with no net had to lift and throw it onto the ground lucky I did not brake the 8 lb leader. It was the biggest fish I have seen for awhile and with no bag mat to put it on I just took a photo and let it go but I would have to say it would have to been in 48cm or over it was my biggest to date for sure . The bottom photo is of my 46 cm the top one is bigger for sure .

DSCF5192[1].JPG

post-256-0-13886100-1476447632.jpg

DSCF5193[1].JPG

DSCF5194[1].JPG

DSCF5195[1].JPG

Edited by blackfish angler

1 minute ago, Burger said:

Getting a decent fish when not really trying is a pretty good way to test out a new setup!  :D

Shame you didn't have your mat to measure up a probable PB . . . .  :(

Yes I know mate any other day I would have had all my gear but as I said I was only testing my float . But it was one big fish mate .

1 hour ago, dlo2 said:

.... for a bloke who was having his last fish for the year days ago and has been several times since, I reckon you did very well indeed. hehehehe

Good point!

Well done BA! Of course you'd love to know the exact number, but still you should be happy with that!

Soon enough you'll bust the 50cm mark!

What's the rod you've got there?

Nice setup. I have been using the 475A for a while and am really enjoying it. Very smooth and different to threadlines.

4 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Good point!

Well done BA! Of course you'd love to know the exact number, but still you should be happy with that!

Soon enough you'll bust the 50cm mark!

What's the rod you've got there?

Nice setup. I have been using the 475A for a while and am really enjoying it. Very smooth and different to threadlines.

Snyder Glas crusoe island cr4136 11,4'low 2 pce .

5 hours ago, dlo2 said:

.... for a bloke who was having his last fish for the year days ago and has been several times since, I reckon you did very well indeed. hehehehe

It was not to be a fishing outing but to test my float but found some weed and could not give up the change to put it on and have a cast .