Scorpio or Dragon

Rah

G'day Raiders,

It's time to look for a new yak after mine grew legs and wandered off last week.

I've been tossing up between the Scorpio terminator 10 or 12 and the dragon hunter.

I had the terminator 10 and was very happy with it, but not sure i want to buy the exact same one again. Although there isn't much of a difference in the 12. Slightly longer and a little heavier, and the dragon is again a little longer than the 12 and a bit heavier again but has an extra hatch with dry bags.

Does any one own or has used the terminator 12 or the dragon hunter?

Or does anyone see any pros and cons for these? 

Just the thought of not having my yak at the moment is making me slightly depressed. :05:

Cheers

Tara

• 1 month later...

Hi Tara

Never used a kayak before and just bought a pair of yaks for my daughter and myself.

we live at Kurnell and even though I love going wide game fishing in the boat I thought the yaks would be great for quick access and sessions in the bay.

we can walk down the road with the trolleys.

i bought a Scorpio terrapin for my daughter and the terminator 12 for myself from the kayak warehouse at taren point.

i looked at loads of yaks prior but liked the terminator 12 for included features and value.

i am waiting delivery of the 12 but tried the terrapin and enjoyed it, I found it really stable and my daughter took to it like a pro.

unsure about the dragon but the terminator was good value and came with paddle and backrest,2 fixed rod holders and a swivel Scotty type holder .

i also got an extra 5% off as I joined there website prior.

regards

1 hour ago, Paddy454 said:

Hi Tara

Never used a kayak before and just bought a pair of yaks for my daughter and myself.

we live at Kurnell and even though I love going wide game fishing in the boat I thought the yaks would be great for quick access and sessions in the bay.

we can walk down the road with the trolleys.

i bought a Scorpio terrapin for my daughter and the terminator 12 for myself from the kayak warehouse at taren point.

i looked at loads of yaks prior but liked the terminator 12 for included features and value.

i am waiting delivery of the 12 but tried the terrapin and enjoyed it, I found it really stable and my daughter took to it like a pro.

unsure about the dragon but the terminator was good value and came with paddle and backrest,2 fixed rod holders and a swivel Scotty type holder .

i also got an extra 5% off as I joined there website prior.

regards

Thanks Paddy,

I went with the dragon pro fisher as it was on sale at a big chain store. Smaller than the 12 but still a great Yak.

I ended up getting my stolen yak back that was the 12 so now the misus has one to float around in. :)

Im sure you will be happy with the 12 as i sure am.

Cheers

Tara

7 hours ago, Lungfai76 said:

Good to hear you got the Yak back, not easy fleecing a Yak nowadays so they end up being trashed. Hopefully yours came back with only a few scratches.

Came back as it was. :)