WYANGALA DAM

jordy

Hi raiders just got back from 3 days at Wyangala what a great place a return trip already in the planning early in the new year.We had 3 boats who spread out trying a variety of techniques bobbing live yabbies and worms,plastics,casting hardbodies and of course trolling hardbodies and spinnerbaits.We got about 4hrs of great weather the first day after that the weather turned foul for the rest of the trip,but we still fished hard for a total of 4 cod and 4 goldens all between 40-50cm.We pulled hooks on a couple of big fish also.All fish were caught trolling with purple and chartreuse hardbodies doing the damage apart from one cod caught at camp on cheese(yabbies and worms went untouched).Interestingly all the goldens disgorged shrimp on capture but our shrimp traps which were deployed the whole time returned 5 shrimp only.A Wyangala regular advised me upon arrival back in Sydney that December is always tough fishing there and we can expect better returns February to May,just wondering if any other raiders have experience at Wyangala and agree.All in all we had an awesome time in a great location and cant wait to hit it again.MERRY XMAS AND TIGHT LINES.

I fish there a few times a year but only fish lures and normally spinning as i don't really care for trolling. You can nearly always guarantee yourself a couple of yellowbelly if you put in the time. I've always found the yellowbelly in Wyangla to be smaller fish to their counterparts in Burrinjuck, Windamere and Glenbawn. They seem more like river fish 

I love staying at Grabine and fishing Wyangala. I don't fish for cod or though i would like too. I generally trawl some tazzie devils around and when not throw a few worms of the bank targeting trout.  3 hours from Sydney great place

dogbox