What lure for Kings

yting

Hi Raiders,

i'm looking to chase my first King on lure this summer. I'll be fishing from my new yak in the Hacking. Anyone got any suggestions on lure patterns. I was thinking maybe those flick baits.

any help would be great

thanks

My go to top kingy lure at the moment is the rapala xxx rap casting lures (the biggest one). We have straightened a few of the single hooks on the bigger lures but this shouldn't be an issue from a yak.

The white with red head has been our favorate closely followed by the blue with black spots. The best thing is these lures are small enough for salmon, tailor and bonito etc, we've also had our biggest dolphin fish on these lures too.

Jon

7 hours ago, JonD said:

My go to top kingy lure at the moment is the rapala xxx rap casting lures (the biggest one). We have straightened a few of the single hooks on the bigger lures but this shouldn't be an issue from a yak.

The white with red head has been our favorate closely followed by the blue with black spots. The best thing is these lures are small enough for salmon, tailor and bonito etc, we've also had our biggest dolphin fish on these lures too.

Jon

What Jon has said is good advice pop into a tackle shop and get advice also . Good luck with the kings mate .

Guest Guest123456789

What bait are they feeding on? What do they look like? How do they move? At what depth? How can you imitate?

if your not careful you could spend a lot of money on a lot of lures you don't need.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2016 at 9:33 PM, JonD said:

The white with red head has been our favorite closely followed by the blue with black spots.

Exactly , this was the "GO TO" lure of choice for me back in the 80's fishing JB ... even to the point where we would buy the preferred lure model in different patterns out of the "Cheap Box" and repaint with Red Heads and White Bodies !!

As these red and whites would dissapear like hot cakes ... not only from the anglers in the shop, but huge green backs off the lower ledges around "Devils and the Eaves" ... for those that know JB fishing spots....

Cheers

Great_White