new reel

tackleberry

well after I went in the one of the local takle stores and having a look at the airdX I have

been kicking around the idea of having 1 REEL good bream bashing reel and have been

eyeing off the 16 Certate in a 2506 and it's in the $450 budget .

so is there anything else I should be looking at .

cheers TAC

Guest Guest123456789

I looked at spending $300+ on a good 6lbs reel. Ended up getting the Ecooda Kyzer:

http://ecooda.com.au/reels/kyzer/

Only cost $120 but the specs and feel were better than the other more expensive reels I handled. I can't get my head around the drag system, it's unlike anything I've seen before but boy it's smooth and strong! 10kg on my 2500 reel, much more than I'll need.

best of luck with the purchase there are a lot of good reels out there almost too much choice.

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

4 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

I looked at spending $300+ on a good 6lbs reel. Ended up getting the Ecooda Kyzer:

http://ecooda.com.au/reels/kyzer/

Only cost $120 but the specs and feel were better than the other more expensive reels I handled. I can't get my head around the drag system, it's unlike anything I've seen before but boy it's smooth and strong! 10kg on my 2500 reel, much more than I'll need.

best of luck with the purchase there are a lot of good reels out there almost too much choice.

thanks FHL well I was going to get a good daiwa reel :-D but today a well known shop sent me a sms telling me about their 25%

off all rods :super: so I figured 2 Pflueger Trion 2-4kg rods and a stradic 2500FK was a good buy i saved

$130 with the 25% and a price match from from another shop on the reel :a_goodjob:

IMG_3549 (Medium).JPG 

new stradic on one and old on the other now I have replaced all my 2pc rods with one piece :banana: Christmas

finally got here for me .

IMG_3550 (Medium).JPG

so then my cheeky son walks in when he gets home and says typical houso ya got another stradic

this is what happens when you spoil'em .

cheers TAC

Edited by tackleberry

Guest Guest123456789

Nice I got the same text. I have the same rod it's great. Good choice with the stradic you can't go wrong there.

another Rod I can't recommend enough is the samaki skitch nano. Picked mine up for $80 it's one of the stiffest graphite rods on the market great for lures 

On 08/01/2017 at 3:48 PM, Flats tragic said:

Does anyone have feedback on the Daiwa Ballistic EX reels, I'm thinking of getting one in the 2000 size.

If its half as good as the old Ballistics its a great hi speed spinner. Down side is its mag sealed As such it can only be serviced by Diawa, Contrary to what you may read elsewhere