Jewwies in Parra River

Brooker435

Hi Raiders,

Just thought Id ask the question, not after specifics but has anyone caught or heard jewwies being caught in the Parra River in the past few weeks?

I went out last Friday and only got a couple of Bream, just wondering if anything has been happening as I am yet to land a legal sized jewie for 2016.

The fishing seems a little on the slow side at the moment, hopefully things start picking up soon!!

I have got a few In the Hawkesbury River this year but they were close to but not quite legal.

Hoping to get out tonight if the weather holds up and see if I can get one just in time for the New Year.

Regards,

Nathan

It was a very short trip lol got to my folks house to grab the boat and I decided to pull the pin as the weather looked very dodgy, will give it a couple of days and see If I can get out, at least the boats ready to hook up and go!!

just very frustrating sitting at work all week waiting for the weekend and the weather goes to crap!!! that's life I guess!!!

Ill go through my tackle tonight and make up rigs and see what I need to buy.

Regards,

Nathan

I caught and released a legal sized jew Early 2016 just past the Gladesville Bridge (Eastern Side), it took the mullet strip and run, its the only Jew i have ever caught and haven't caught one since.

The young ones on here seem to have more luck in their Kayaks, they tag more in a day than i catch in a year.

LOL how true, soft plastics and lures seems to be the go with the Jewwies!!,  in saying that the more time you spend on the water the better your chances are unfortunately I am only limited to weekends and holidays when they are possible. will get my jewie sooner or later may get out this weekend for another attempt if I get the chance.

Regards,

Nathan