cod finally

rickmarlin62

Finally got away with my best mate chasin cod..we tried some slow water for a change..we fished from yaks for a few hrs but only had two missed strikes..  me thinks we were spookin the fish in the yaks..after a swim and a feed  a couple of coldies we went for a fish walkin the banks.as the light faded we wernt dissapointed we ended up with a dozen nice fish on a mixture of diving and surface walkers..cod were only small with biggest just 60 cm but had a great time and cant wait to get back

20161230_055957.jpg

Rick,

Great to see you are back at it.

Very interesting your comments about the Yaks vs Walking the banks.

The little bit I have done has been walking the banks.

I am planning a trip to upper Namoi and you are convincing me if you can access from the banks you are better off.

Thanks for the post.

Regards,

Geoff

21 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Rick,

Great to see you are back at it.

Very interesting your comments about the Yaks vs Walking the banks.

The little bit I have done has been walking the banks.

I am planning a trip to upper Namoi and you are convincing me if you can access from the banks you are better off.

Thanks for the post.

Regards,

Geoff

Could work either way for you Geoff. If the immediate area adjacent to the water is steep or overgrown, the yak could be a big help. Take it anyway (lol). Cheers, BN

On 12/30/2016 at 5:30 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

Finally got away with my best mate chasin cod..we tried some slow water for a change..we fished from yaks for a few hrs but only had two missed strikes..  me thinks we were spookin the fish in the yaks..after a swim and a feed  a couple of coldies we went for a fish walkin the banks.as the light faded we wernt dissapointed we ended up with a dozen nice fish on a mixture of diving and surface walkers..cod were only small with biggest just 60 cm but had a great time and cant wait to get back

20161230_055957.jpg

Well done Rick. Lure looks familiar, BN

hi neil..yeah they are the fmj from tassie..cheap but effective..orange was goin off as well as green yellow..water had a bit more colour than normal...the surface luring was unbelievable..i caught three fish standing in the one spot..and missed multiple boofs..we have been told there are larger fish in the still water we fished but we didn't catch any this trip..hopefully next time..