Albacore offshore botany

nadsinator

Gday Raiders. Short report from couple days back. Trolled the inside and outside botany fads wednesday 4/1 out of botany hoping to hit a dolly or two. Neg result. Trolled the peak to 12 mile, marked nothing. Water temp gradually raised to 23.4 and we hit a few albacore a couple k's inside of the 12 mile. Best went 85cm / 11kgs. Took her on a rapala xrap 6m diver blue/green/red. But also hooked up smaller ones on black/red surface skirts. Conditions werent great for my 5.5m it was sloppy and my deckie ended up crook so we were back at the ramp by midday. Happy with our tuna, hope the big bulls come on soon!

IMG_4067.JPG

Well done mate, headed out from Seaforth yesterday, out to the Fad,12 mile for nothing, the ocean seemed very  devoid of life ,went back inside north head where the sounder lit up with some serious Kings against the cliffs but they didnt want to play.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Farvos said:

What speed did you pick them up at? 6 knots?

I try sit on 8 knots give or take. I get good fuel economy at that. I find those xrap rapalas can handle fast trolling and you need a quick troll to get the skirts throwing out a good smoke trail.