Dubbo cod

Rainstick

It's been a great start for the cod season out at Dubbo, I have landed 48 so far with several of them size, most just undersize and one oversize at 83cm

The river is still a little dirty so most are been caught on baits, any part of the river is catching fish atm

IMG_4130.JPG

Edited by Rainstick

G'day Rainstick is that the Macquarie River that you're fishing? Fished at Wellington at Xmas but only Carp. Was on hols so not overly bothered, just mucking around really. Well done on your results. Much tougher here on the Murrumbidgee. What method do you use? Cheers, BN

10 hours ago, Rainstick said:

yes Neil but the Macquarie river around Dubbo, all sorts of different baits ATM because of water been a bit dirty

Hi Rainstick. Do you do any lure or spinner bait fishing and are you land based or have a tinnie? BN

19 hours ago, Rainstick said:

It's been a great start for the cod season out at Dubbo, I have landed 48 so far with several of them size, most just undersize and one oversize at 83cm

The river is still a little dirty so most are been caught on baits, any part of the river is catching fish atm

IMG_4130.JPG

Quality catch Rainstick. Very well done. BN

Neil I have a 4.5 side console boat and 2 kayaks,

i do use spinnerbaits sometimes and lures

spinnerbaits usually about 1/2 ounces and lures are oargee plows,good old stump jumpers size 2 I think and a few other different types, a lot of guys have some success on surface lures but I'm still a surface virgin.

it is hard to fish with lures from shore, you really need to be in some sort of boat and casting to snags along the shoreline, trolling can be a bit hard in places as well as too much varied depth 

• 2 years later...