Harbour luderick with will (budzsta).

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Met will at 7 am at our spot on the lane cove river.

I had been there for half an hour for no touches and once will was rigged up we fished until 8 30 am for no downs.

A quick check of google earth on the surrounding options and i decided on moving closer too the mouth.

A quick five minute drive later and arrived at our new spot.

The touches started from the first drift that quickly turned into downs once the tide kicked into gear and started running out.

Will hooked up first but was soon bitten off.

Will hooked up again and after a few minutes his new pb luderick of 36 cms was on the deck and will was rather pleased.

I got the next fish out being undersized and missing half a gill plate.

I upset will soon after as i was sitting down ( back complaint) in the process of netting his next fish i set the hook as from the corner of my eye i noticed my float going under.

Will quickly got his fish from the net and netted mine expertly for me.

Things went qiuet for a bit with will pulling the hook on a fish.

I missed a couple of downs then as i went and got a drink from my bag i came back to my float slowly going under and set the hook on a double header (coat hanger rig) with one fish going 40 cms and the other going 34 cms.

I got the next four fish out and at the half tide out mark the fish dispersed and did not get another touch so called it quits and cleaned six fish for will to take home.

Little bit of a tough start but when fishing untried and new locations  these things happen.

Just happy we found some qaulity fish.

Thanks for a good day out will.

Cheers trevor.

20170112_125927_resized.jpg

Edited by hawkesbass
Add photo.

Thanks for taking me out mate. 

I was so annoyed when you got a double hookup and I was struggling to get downs

as always, I never freeze fresh fish.

Filleted, and chilled in a lunch box container before being prepped in a Thai style sauce. Always winning brownie points with the gf and her family.

Will

IMG_3106.JPG

Good choice to move. It's even more satisfying when you get onto the fish. Well done.

I remember a day of 3 moves and we ended up with a great bag and a new spot to boot.

When you're not catching fish, doing the same thing, in the same spot, over and over, and expecting a different result is CRAZY.

3 hours ago, Ryder said:

Good choice to move. It's even more satisfying when you get onto the fish. Well done.

I remember a day of 3 moves and we ended up with a great bag and a new spot to boot.

When you're not catching fish, doing the same thing, in the same spot, over and over, and expecting a different result is CRAZY.

A good luderick man never rests and never stops thinking about the alternative! And the boys efforts paid a dividend