Bow Anchoring

1530dean

Hi everyone,

I am in the throws of trading up to a bigger boat.

I just sold my Stacer 3.4meter tinnie and am looking to buy up to 4.5meter boat.

Most of the older Quintrex and Savage hulls older than 1990 with their full wind screen look like they cant be easily anchored off the bow.

Am I missing somthing or is there some trick to anchoring these boats from the bow perhaps..?

I have a vsea and the easiest way of anchoring is to use a bridle attached to your tie off bollard on bow that is long enough to come round and into your boat..then tie your anchor rope to this and leave slack to hang off bow..when retrieving just drive forward to the left of the rope and pikup bridle and anchor rope and retrieve from inside boat..that way you can anchor and retrieve by yourself and never get wet out on a bow..if in deeper water attach a float with anchor clip and just drive forward over anchor till float hits end of rope then pull in floating rope and anchor..no struggling to pull heavy anchor from depths..rick

12 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I have a vsea and the easiest way of anchoring is to use a bridle attached to your tie off bollard on bow that is long enough to come round and into your boat..then tie your anchor rope to this and leave slack to hang off bow..when retrieving just drive forward to the left of the rope and pikup bridle and anchor rope and retrieve from inside boat..that way you can anchor and retrieve by yourself and never get wet out on a bow..if in deeper water attach a float with anchor clip and just drive forward over anchor till float hits end of rope then pull in floating rope and anchor..no struggling to pull heavy anchor from depths..rick

The best way to do it mate.Great advice rick.I did it like that for years too.

On 15/01/2017 at 6:50 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

I did exactly the same thing on my old v-sea.  In addition I tied a large rubber ring (type used on large pipes) in the middle of the bridle, and this acted like a shock absorber.

this method was perfect when fishing alone

Edited by shakey55