Need advice with Trailer roller setup on aluminium hull

Ojay Samson

3 hours ago, slydar said:

ok, i may well have a similar scenario. due to the difficulties in getting my boat to the place i bought a trailer from i went and got it without taking up there (extra) offer of fitting the boat so now despite their claiming the trailer can take boats up to 5.3 metres and mine being a searay 525 its looking like its going to be a 'tight fit. can anyone tell me how close the boat should be legally and/or safely to the back of my car? i'm worried not only about having it too close but rear overhang if i cant bring the winch post forward enough - already it's looking like the jockey wheel will have to 'straddle' the winch post in one form or another

Slydar. You are 3 hours drive away from me so not like I can just go and have a look at your problem.

Some photos would help myself and others to be able to give you some advise and a possible fix.

And welcome to the site, I hope we can help.

Frank

• Like 1

Just be aware that putting the boat to far forward adds down weight to the tow hitch and can effect the way the boat handles while towing and also make sure the downward load on the tow ball falls within your legal loading requirements.

Another issue having the boat and winch post to close to the vehicle is whether it may touch the back of the vehicle in tight turns or backing up a steep drive etc.