Sunday Feb 5th - time for a meet

krause

Hello all,

What do we think, time for a kayak meet? How's February the 5th sound? It's a Sunday, 2 weeks notice, and i personally promise the weather will behave ;) so there's no excuses. I know we've got a more than a few knowledgeable yakkers and just as many learners, so lets hit the water. Don't make me pm each of you haha. Location to be decided on depending on who's attending. Admin might even throw their weight behind us (but not their liability :)) and create a notification/reminder if we're lucky.

Cheers

Edited by krause

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, krause said:

Hello all,

What do we think, time for a kayak meet? How's February the 5th sound? It's a Sunday, 2 weeks notice, and i personally promise the weather will behave ;) so there's no excuses. I know we've got a more than a few knowledgeable yakkers and just as many learners, so lets hit the water. Don't make me pm each of you haha. Location to be decided on depending on who's attending. Admin might even throw their weight behind us (but not their liability :)) and create a notification/reminder if we're lucky.

Cheers

Nice idea guys - you can make an event in the fishraider calendar if you wish ;)

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, krause said:

Hello all,

Cheers

Definitely like to know more if you get the numbers  i.e., where, what time etc etc.

Mark.

We'll get the numbers, im sure. As long as everyone doesn't wait for everyone else to commit first haha.

Location will have to be somewhere central in sydney id assume, though port kembla and lake illawarra both boast plenty of space, and depending on confidence levels somewhere sheltered. We tried yowie bay last time but it was a bit of a flop. Pittwater and middle harbor do generally have limitted parking. Anyone with suggestions please throw them forward! :) pm questions if you wish, or if you have concerns about location, confidence etc.

Looking forward to it

If you are thinking about lake illlawarra then consider changing the date to coincide with the flathead comp on Jan 22nd. Not much notice as it's this weekend but there will be heaps of yaks in the water ? You could even win a prize ?

Try Chipping Norton Lakes with plenty of parking and calm water with a big chance of catching fish and some nice little beaches to pull up on in numbers and have a bite to eat and a catch up.

Yo! I'm here, sorry.

I could certainly be tempted, think that date is currently free unless the missus has other ideas. Also I've just bought a new profish reload, so any chance to get that out and I'm keen... 

Think Swordie is on to a winner - chippo has plenty of parking and has been going well on bream/eps recently. Athough I've failed to get them, the Jewies are there in numbers as well. Been getting stuck in to kings in the harbour around rose bay as well, so that could be a possibility.

Hi there. I am interested in joining but it depends on location. Am not too keen on driving too far with the yaks on the roof. Keen to watch and learn as don't have a good technique as yet. Can always join another time if you guys go to chipping Norton. I am located north of the harbour bridge. Cheers Angela

8 hours ago, dynabolt said:

Hi there. I am interested in joining but it depends on location. Am not too keen on driving too far with the yaks on the roof. Keen to watch and learn as don't have a good technique as yet. Can always join another time if you guys go to chipping Norton. I am located north of the harbour bridge. Cheers Angela

More then welcome to join my daughter and I some time.. we generally put in at Clontarf.

Mark