Sunday Feb 5th - time for a meet

krause

The weather gods look to be shining on you guys for tomorrow. A mate at waterways said they will be doing checks at either Port ramp or Windang from sunrise, they hadn't confirmed the location yet. Double check your safety gear. Remember alot of the parking bays are for trailers only on the weekend, dont want a visit from the Rangers whilst your on the water. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We off to the horizon.

IMG_4953.JPG

Sorry about running off without a word, the wife issued a be home or suffer the fist of fury notice. 

Should have told her I was going out into the blue and not the lake ?

Edited by Lungfai76
Photo

How did you go guys? I took the pooch for a walk and could see a gaggle (if that's the collective noun for yakkas :lol:) of kayaks off the end off the break wall. Conditions were magic. You had a fan back at the ramp , some cranky so and so was complaining about the guys on kayaks getting in the way, pfft some people. Guess you guys were out fishing him.

Did waterways pay you a visit?

Edited by Raymondo

1 hour ago, Razzell said:

Haha no worries bud, good to meet you and good morning on the water - glad we all got stuck in to some fish.

Looks like Krause is untangling another mess of lines there... ;) 

Yeah it was looking quite bleak for awhile there ? Had yellowtail underneath the Yak but could not get any on the sabiki, using the mirage drive as the burley dispenser worked pretty well. But no live bait meant having to re-rig the 15lb setup to a SP rig. Those rats didn't touch my 8lb rig with the white SP, would have loved to have had more of a fight like you did on your 10lb setup ?

So glad we all got into the kings, makes for a good outing when we all get the drag screaming ?

Heres the report guys, hopefully it reads ok. Raymondo, which boat was bitching? a yellow hull?? we may have pissed them off a little, other than that anyone complaining need to get off their high horse as we were on our best behavior! :D

I saw you all as i was leaving the northern breakwall.

Was fishing for luderick on tbe inside near the customs bit. Saw a heap of at Kings swim by about 1 meter from the shore. Also heaps of small yakkas harrassing my float.  It looked like fun from what i could  see. You went out pretty far  too. If i wasn't shark phobic id go out also.

good job on the write up krause & allen. And awesome job krause, getting people down there all at the same time that's not such an easy thing...

Was great to meet everybody, see everyone's yaks, and get a mini tour of a new spot - one I've been meaning to visit for a while but just couldn't break out of old routine enough to do. Weather, as promised, lol, that's a marketable skill if you can keep it up. And, of course, the bonus of being there on a day when the place turned in to a rat king fun park - totally awesome :D