Newcastle/Port Stephens report

Good day out today off Newy looking for blues. We headed wide but only managed a nice mahi-mahi. Lots of reports of smaller Marlin in the 50-70 fathom area. Heard one boat on a sked go 6-5-0 & ended up with 11 bites for zero. That's a tough day out. Plenty of fish about if you want a charter we will be in Port Stephens as of Australia DaySnapseed.jpg

40 minutes ago, issue said:

Gday Mikey/Damo, where were the smaller blacks mate? in close off Port? Thinking of heading up but will be targetting the close grounds. Tim

Seen one two weeks ago in 18m and had a mate a couple of days of see a free jumper behind big island. The water is not there for the inshore program just yet but they've been getting a few out wider! 

Thanks Scratchie, I want to bring my boat up for some inshore blacks and stripes. Wont be doing the carpark in it but more than happy out the front and Broughton etc. Just need to time it with that nice inshore water you talk about. I will stay tuned. The water here in Sydney is pretty crap too at the moment.

Hey Tim, water was only 23 and not great colour on the shelf but inside 70 fathoms got back up to 24.5 and cleaned up. Was like that into 40 fathoms. Plenty of bait but lots of it is pilchards with scattered slimies. Heard boats raising fish from Seal Rocks to Lake Macquarie. We will be bringing the boat up from Newcastle on Thursday

Cheers

Damo