House of Flathead

mrsswordfisherman

I finally got to go out fishing on our boat!!

Up early we ended up at the M5 bridge after trying other areas along the river. The estuary perch were a no show. 

I said last night to Stewy that it would  be good to catch some flatties again instead of boring old bass or EPs. He wasn't keen hmmmm

We sat under the bridge. Swordie was still sulking about not fishing for perch. I threw out a 100 mm Silver Fox Squidgee and it go smashed on the first pop.

the drag on the little Revo 30 started screaming! I knew this was going to be a good catch. I yelled "get the net swordie" and a giant flattie with a head like a shovel emerged from the deep!!!

Swordie isn't very good at netting the fish. He is used to his minions netting HIS fish hahaha. He is useless and the big fish jumped out into the boat!

It was 82 cms and beat my PB by 32 cms :)

i followed up 5 mins later with 62 cm one. 

IMG_3548.JPGIMG_5772.JPG

IMG_5771_thumb_JPG_f9e8f577b6639b08a90d3cba9c786de6.jpg

IMG_5767_thumb_JPG_ff9dd35c5a32a2114e09960dc9153c6e.jpg

Jesus Christ I just wanna go perch fishing and relax with no netting but no ! Donna wants to play with the big boys while I relax ... drive the boat Stewy, get the net Stewy and then wtf are you doing you amateur grrrrrrr and to add insult to my bruised ego she beats my PB by 8 cms and then makes me stop fishing to take pictures ?Great pair of fish honey you assy bugger

26 minutes ago, swordfisherman said:

Jesus Christ I just wanna go perch fishing and relax with no netting but no ! Donna wants to play with the big boys while I relax ... drive the boat Stewy, get the net Stewy and then wtf are you doing you amateur grrrrrrr and to add insult to my bruised ego she beats my PB by 8 cms and then makes me stop fishing to take pictures ?Great pair of fish honey you assy bugger

Lmao! Was that perch the bait for Donna's "MONSTER" flatty? It's so cute! No wonder she wanted to go flatty fishing!