Bass Lures

Wellzy94

The evergreen crazy cradle is another great small size shallow/mid depth crankbait. 

With powerful rattle they can attract fish from a fair distance.

Haven't tried them on the Aussie bass yet but they work really well with the largemouth. From what I've read in here, they will for sure do some damage on the locals.

I hope to put them to test soon and let you know of the outcome!

Cheers,

IMG_0595.JPG

Edited by Basseeker

9 hours ago, Basseeker said:

The evergreen crazy cradle is another great small size shallow/mid depth crankbait. 

With powerful rattle they can attract fish from a fair distance.

Haven't tried them on the Aussie bass yet but they work really well with the largemouth. From what I've read in here, they will for sure do some damage on the locals.

I hope to put them to test soon and let you know of the outcome!

Cheers,

IMG_0595.JPG

they look the goods might have to get a couple

On 23/01/2017 at 10:34 AM, Wellzy94 said:

Hey Raiders!

Being pretty new to freshwater fishing, I've just been going off tips from my local small tackle shop in Penrith. On his advice, I bought a few 38mm cranks (shallow and deep divers) and I've had a small amount of success. However, I'm planning on expanding my lure collection and learning a few different methods of retrieving different types of lures.

Any recommendations on what types of lures would be good for bass? I'll be fishing almost exclusively in the Nepean river, landbased (but soon with a yak!)

Cheers,

Wellzy

You can't beat the explosive hits of top water fishing for Bass. 

My favourite lure is Megabass Pop  X. 

Some times I believe the most important thing isn't the type of lure its where the lure is that catches a bass. As some of the previous raiders have mentioned get your lure as close to the bank as possible, for this reason I love using weedless presentations(plasics on a worm hook) with a tiny ball sinker in the loop knot as you dont snag up much at all. Some of my other favourites are(also mentioned above) cicada types. With my favourite being the tiemco bass tune, it is a larger profile lure and it has 3 trebles so the hook up rate is close to 100% although your casts need to be on point!

Any small to medium sized offering will get crunched at times so give all the lures in your tackle box a go and you'll soon find some favourites!