Tin Can Bay Queensland

will_l

Hi,

I'm going up to Tin Can Bay for 2 weeks at the start of feb for the first time and I'm towing the boat up so I can get in some fishing. Just wondering if anybodys ever fish areas around tin can bay and can give me some pointers on areas to try. Hope to just be flicking some soft plastics. 

Thanks,

Will

Hi Will

What size boat?  Are you thinking inside or outside?  Planning on taking some crab pots?  I have done ok for sandies and muddies on the inside of Inskip Point.  Just make sure you have enough rope on the pots so they are still there when you get back.

Cheers

Mark

1 hour ago, Fish_More said:

Forgot to mention, the pub at Rainbow is not too bad for a feed!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I'm not really looking to much at crabbing but more just flicking SP's for some flatties and whiting, so mainly looking at staying inside. Dont have huge range as I'm just using the standard red fuel tanks and with a 70 2s its not fuel efficient. 

Cheers

I have some relatives who live there and have been fishing a few times with Them on our visits.  We tossed HB's into the deep channels off the esplanade at low tide, just a walk over the sand flats from where he lives.  Lots of good flatties and easy access. E425615E-CFB9-4B60-89EB-6F5E795A67C5.JPG